Academy question

Don't hate someone's predictions. They're only a prediction. Who knows, maybe The Academy will make Finals, and we'll all do cartwheels. Lose the hate. Its a waste of energy.

I'm not hating Brasso. I just find it rediculous that you compare Academy's situation to Blue Stars catching Crown when they've both been competing all along. My contention is that Academy is in the same class as Gmen and Madison. Blue Stars are not a top 3 contender .. so the comparison was ridiculous.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not hating Brasso. I just find it rediculous that you compare Academy's situation to Blue Stars catching Crown when they've both been competing all along. My contention is that Academy is in the same class as Gmen and Madison. Blue Stars are not a top 3 contender .. so the comparison was ridiculous.

5 pt spread does not put the Academy in " the same class as Madison Scouts and Glassmen". That's ridiculous, imo. But you can put any Corps wherever you want as a prediction for Finals. Its cool. I predict The Academy might make Finals.... next year. No chance this year ,imo. Nada. The DCP "Tom Brace" poster is somewhat close to the goings on with this Corps , and knows more about their chances than you or I. So if you want his take on this Corps chances, dial him up. He'll give you the real deal on their chances. I gave you mine. I heard yours. We move on.

Edited by BRASSO

5 pt spread does not put the Academy in " the same class as Madison Scouts and Glassmen". That's ridiculous, imo. But you can put any Corps wherever you want as a prediction for Finals. Its cool. I predict The Academy might make Finals.... next year. No chance this year ,imo. Nada. The DCP "Tom Brace" poster is somewhat close to the goings on with this Corps , and knows more about their chances than you or I. So if you want his take on this Corps chances, dial him up. He'll give you the real deal on their chances. I gave you mine. I heard yours. We move on.

July 5th:

Academy - 74.10

July 6th:

Madison Scouts 77.250

Glassmen 76.850

That's not a 5 pt spread. I still put them in the 13th spot with a shot at 12th. Madison and Gmen went head to head in that score above .. with Academy being on the west coast with a different panel at a different location. I am in no way saying they're the 12th place corps ... but I am looking forward to them going head to head with these two corps. I think Madison has 11th locked in my mind .. so the comparison is really with Gmen and their final product.

Funny thing is ... 11 days ago, Academy was on par with Gmens score .. and Madisons. Always a hater ........

Funny to see that you say hater. For the time ive seen you on here (not that long though) youve always been against Gmen. Just saying what ive noticed.

Edited by BigPapiBass5

Don't hate someone's predictions. They're only a prediction. Who knows, maybe The Academy will make Finals, and we'll all do cartwheels. Lose the hate. Its a waste of energy.

Maybe if you said you thought they had a very low chance of making finals instead of "ZERO" you wouldn't have to call people haters on here. Trashing corps and other people on here does no one any good.

Edited by musclebud

Funny to see that you say hater. For the time ive seen you on here (not that long though) youve always been against Gmen. Just saying what ive noticed.

Brasso and I have had our fair share of disagreements over the past several years. I'm no rookie on here :) I just pick and choose my moments and topics to comment on.

Before you can WIN,

you have to first SURVIVE

The Academy will make finals, at its due time.

but we have made semi finals the past 3 years, not bad 3 out of 3

how many Corps can say the same, with only 6 years of competitions under their belts.

If you want to see MORE of the Academy...show me the money

Edited by Suviduvi

Before you can WIN,

you have to first SURVIVE

The Academy will make finals, at its due time.

but we have make semi finals the past 3 years, not bad 3 out of 3

how many Corps can say the same, with only 6 years of competitions under their belts.

If you want to see MORE of the Academy...show me the money

awesome post all around!

nice job tonight guys.... look forward to seeing you on sunday! hopefully it's not 115 and about to pour buckets. :tongue:

Madison - 80.26 - 7/16

Glassmen - 79.75 - 7/15

Academy - 79.200 - TADA!!! - 7/16

CONTENDER (yes I'm stirring the pot with Brasso ........ but ya can't fight that my friend)

Head to head should be a blast ... can't wait for it :tongue:

Since I have ties to Madison .... my wish would be for Madison and Academy to make it in this year.

No ....... I do not have anything against Gmen. PERIOD!

Edited by supersop

Madison - 80.26 - 7/16

Glassmen - 79.75 - 7/15

Academy - 79.200 - TADA!!! - 7/16

CONTENDER (yes I'm stirring the pot with Brasso ........ but ya can't fight that my friend)

Head to head should be a blast ... can't wait for it :tongue:

Since I have ties to Madison .... my wish would be for Madison and Academy to make it in this year.

No ....... I do not have anything against Gmen. PERIOD!

Look at their competition. Their score from like 2 weeks ago was beating the people they went against today. Once they meet everyone it will go down some. AND it wasnt a full panel of judges.

Edited by BigPapiBass5