Academy question

**cough**

Academy - 79.2

0.55 out of 12th.

Their touring model seems to be working as intended.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**cough**

Academy - 79.2

0.55 out of 12th.

Their touring model seems to be working as intended.

NOT A FULL PANEL and NO COMPETITIIN AGAINST THEM. Of course they will get a high score.

Academy's 79.2 still impressive. True test happening next week in Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. I've had a chance to view all the DCI shows, thanks to the Fan Network, including four SoCal shows live. Believe me "The Academy" is extremely Real. :tongue: A Drum Corps World writer states "It's there best show ever." I've proudly watched the Academy develop since 2001 pardon my honk, but they indeed are the Pride of Tempe, AZ

Both the Academy and PC were on fire last night, literally........it was over 105 at the start of the show and cooled down to 99 when Dream finished up the evening. Very solid performances by these 2 Corps. Both had some time off and made some very good changes to their shows. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by these 2 Drum Corps next week. It is going to be a fun season for both the Corps members and the fans.

-G

Both the Academy and PC were on fire last night, literally........it was over 105 at the start of the show and cooled down to 99 when Dream finished up the evening. Very solid performances by these 2 Corps. Both had some time off and made some very good changes to their shows. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by these 2 Drum Corps next week. It is going to be a fun season for both the Corps members and the fans.

-G

"GABA" Yes, The Academy made the most of it's week long stay incampted on the campus of "Maricopa HS, AZ" during the last week of June...and then again July 6 - 15th at home making most use of the full judgeing panels critiques from their first SoCal tour. The fruits of their labor will now be impressively on display as they head out to Texas. You may argue with their tour model....you can't deny results of the model, The Academy's growth and success, year to year.

As a long time participant in the Corps Activity...since 1965....I'm thrilled with the dividends thus far received from my volunterring, time and money invested in the world of class Corps including The Academy.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Oh, congrats to Pacific Crest really enjoy them and terrific looking guard

NOT A FULL PANEL and NO COMPETITIIN AGAINST THEM. Of course they will get a high score.

....but the judges are supposed to be good enough and accurate enough to hold up. There are criteria on the sheets that must be met for a certain score. If they're not in the ballpark, they won't meet the criteria no matter what the competition field consists of....

However happy I am with Academy getting closer to the top 12, I can only wonder if they will continue to score so well in comparison to the other corps (Colts, Troopers) that have been fighting it out constantly with Madison and Glassmen.

5 pt spread does not put the Academy in " the same class as Madison Scouts and Glassmen". That's ridiculous, imo. But you can put any Corps wherever you want as a prediction for Finals. Its cool. I predict The Academy might make Finals.... next year. No chance this year ,imo. Nada. The DCP "Tom Brace" poster is somewhat close to the goings on with this Corps , and knows more about their chances than you or I. So if you want his take on this Corps chances, dial him up. He'll give you the real deal on their chances. I gave you mine. I heard yours. We move on.

Well, after last night all bets are off. Well, I have a bet with the instructional staff now and it looks like I'll end up paying off tomorrow night. 79.2 is an awesome score for this time of year. We'll see how it all plays out in Tejas, but it's obvious the time off hasn't hurt the corps chances. 13th looks good and if GMen and MadCity aren't looking, Academy might just sneak it into the passing lane.

So, let the horn staff from the Academy ready this to the rest of the staff.

Before you can WIN,

you have to first SURVIVE

The Academy will make finals, at its due time.

but we have made semi finals the past 3 years, not bad 3 out of 3

how many Corps can say the same, with only 6 years of competitions under their belts.

If you want to see MORE of the Academy...show me the money

I agree Lee. Words are less than cheap. They are free. Touring costs money as both you and I know. Some people on here could write some checks. Another $8K in the bank would mean another week of shows. That's what it really takes. Money. If folks like the Academy and want to see them on the road more...write checks...visit the souvie booth and buy stuff. Give some money to the corps and they'll come to your town.