Academy question

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy's 79.2 still impressive. True test happening next week in Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. I've had a chance to view all the DCI shows, thanks to the Fan Network, including four SoCal shows live. Believe me "The Academy" is extremely Real. :ph34r: A Drum Corps World writer states "It's there best show ever." I've proudly watched the Academy develop since 2001 pardon my honk, but they indeed are the Pride of Tempe, AZ

Yeah, when I heard the show on Memorial Day I commented the same thing. They have the vehicle to get to finals. Now...learn to drive it the right way and it's all there for the taking. Madison and GMen have tons of finals experience...it will be a tough road, but one leading to Academy's first Saturday night performance. Just in time for my 50th birthday.

If every corps moved to Arizona, that would solve all of life's problems. Well at least for me. Then we would have lots of touring opportunities.

Tom I agree, after seeing them make significant improvements while they were at my facility the do have a chance to make top twelve. The really need to continue their focus while on tour and use the "better" weather conditions, "If you can call it that". At this point they can keep up with the corps around them and start to gain some ground.

I would call this a very good building year. Next year they need to take additional steps while they continue to mature.

My hope is that we continue that relationship and work jointly with other schools and cities in the surrounding area's and help them on this incredible journey.

Tom we need to talk more off line.

Tom I agree, after seeing them make significant improvements while they were at my facility the do have a chance to make top twelve. The really need to continue their focus while on tour and use the "better" weather conditions, "If you can call it that". At this point they can keep up with the corps around them and start to gain some ground.

I would call this a very good building year. Next year they need to take additional steps while they continue to mature.

My hope is that we continue that relationship and work jointly with other schools and cities in the surrounding area's and help them on this incredible journey.

Tom we need to talk more off line.

agreed. Have you met Liza yet? She heads up the Youth Guard. I really want to help get that effort off the ground for everyone. Then drum major, horn and drum workshops. I just see the Academy expanding to the point where the drum corps will be at the top of a very large organization aiding the whole state in music and guard education. From there...well, the world becomes an oyster as they say.

Again, thanks to you and that incredible district for all their help and for being such great hosts.

agreed. Have you met Liza yet? She heads up the Youth Guard. I really want to help get that effort off the ground for everyone. Then drum major, horn and drum workshops. I just see the Academy expanding to the point where the drum corps will be at the top of a very large organization aiding the whole state in music and guard education. From there...well, the world becomes an oyster as they say.

Again, thanks to you and that incredible district for all their help and for being such great hosts.

I might have, I met so many people. That is the perfect starting point for a state wide impact. Based on my experience they key is to focus on joint projects with school districts around the state. Winter camps prior to the start of auditions...while the power houses of DCI wait for better weather, the academy can take advantage of "our" winter!

I might have, I met so many people. That is the perfect starting point for a state wide impact. Based on my experience they key is to focus on joint projects with school districts around the state. Winter camps prior to the start of auditions...while the power houses of DCI wait for better weather, the academy can take advantage of "our" winter!

You got it...Are you going to Dobson tomorrow night? any chance I'll be seeing you in Indy in August?

Via Academy's twitter feed:

Paramount CA Scores!

Cascades 72.7

Mandarins 74.7

Pacific Crest 75.9

Academy 80.1

Breakin' 80 - not a full panel but they're still putting up the number in captions that will still be around next week when they hook up with the rest of the tour. The 12th place corps is usually right around 86, and scores get a little crowded from the Texas shows until Allentown. So there's no reason they should be considered out of the hunt. With MN rained out and the SA change this year, most of the corps won't be at the same show until Atlanta in 2 weeks. A lot of placements aren't going to be obvious at all this year with only 2 shows of every corps performing to the same panel in the same day.