DCI.org Mobile Website

my ipod touch browser doesnt go to the mobile site. mind putting the address up here to see what the site looks like?

The reason some of you are getting it and some aren't is that they could be doing what we call A/B testing. The servers will pick at random who see's the mobile version and who doesn't. This is in an attempt to work the bugs out before a wide launch.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I go to m.dci.org all I do is click on shows, and the click on any show I want to see the scores from.

It's actually pretty great, and much quicker than loading the full site.

I'm not sure where the problem is.

Edited by rosski47

I just tried it again and it still only works through June.

What are these phones with screens you speak of ?

Did anyone else notice how the DCI.org site changed today when viewed on a mobile phone? They now have completely redesigned the site as to make it virtually unusable. Not to mention the fact that the scores and schedule are not updated past June. Hello, it is now the middle of July.

I am fast losing my patience with DCI and their crappy production values. First the videos and DVDs became crap. Then the championship venues become crap. And now the website has followed in a long tradition of crap.

What a shame that this organization is becoming so non-professional... :ph34r:

i have an iphone. i opened the website, and it was completley fine. i viewed the scored from last nights shows. i don't really see a problem.

Great, thank you!

Now, why can DCP create a site that makes sense, but DCI cannot??????

because DCP doiesnt have to worry about spending too much money that withholds it from the corps

Ahh, I recall longingly the days when I'd wait impatiently for DCI TODAY to arrive so I could catch up on the season. Seems the technology, as good as it is, has spoiled the crap out of many of us.

I wonder if we'll get a serious capitulation post and an apology for lambasting DCI unnecessarily.

Somehow I doubt it.

For all the issues that settle on DCI's shoulders at the moment, this one seems rather trite, don't you say?

1-900-CAN-DRUM

Ahh, I recall longingly the days when I'd wait impatiently for DCI TODAY to arrive so I could catch up on the season. Seems the technology, as good as it is, has spoiled the crap out of many of us.

I wonder if we'll get a serious capitulation post and an apology for lambasting DCI unnecessarily.

Somehow I doubt it.

For all the issues that settle on DCI's shoulders at the moment, this one seems rather trite, don't you say?

:thumbup: I remember those days too! People today are so spoiled by technology. "I want it, and I want it NOW!" seems to be the attitude. :thumbup:

I think somebody mentioned beta testing. DCI has never officially announced a mobile version of their site, just the iPhone app, so I'm willing to bet the mobile site is still a work in progress.

Until they DO release the mobile site...http://mobile.drumcorpsplanet.com. :)

No, this mobile site is pretty dreadful, especially since there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to go to the non-mobile site. Not being able to find recent scores on the "Scores" tab (never mind it being sorted from least-recent to most-recent) is awful. I'd be curious to find out who thought this version of the site should have been made public.

EDIT: Just checked it out this morning, apparently the mobile site has been disabled.

Edited by fourouttheforty