Minneapolis Corps Directors Meeting

oh your posts have proven that

But I have. And you should know, everything you read is not always a fact. :tongue:

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of tired again, but I have enjoyed the banter.

Again, I'm pro DC. I'd like to see G7 and DCI survive. I think there is a need for both of them.

I'd like to see more retro corps like Madison and Troopers continue to thrive. I'd like to see a return to entertainment values and music and shows that are more accessible and had more emotional connection with the audience. But I also like innovation. I'm also a fan of thematic story building and finally you can't beat a little humor and visual magic.

These are all elements of DC that hook me and I hope they never stop.

I think adding woodwinds would be a waste of time.

I can see and appreciate that the money being raised and spent on drum corps is not enough to allow it to continue and something needs to be done to raise this amount. The only way to do this is to increase the numbers in the audience. I don't think there is any other way to substantially raise revenues or to reduce expenses in amounts necessary.

I think leadership is too inbred and needs fresh faces and outside opinions.

Whatever happens will happen and I'll stay a fan.

But now I'm off to take a long nap. Probably won't be able to see any of the finals performances. My old corps should finish in the top 12 and I wish them all the best.

And best wishes to all of you. I know even if you disagree with some of the things I've said that we all are fans of drum corps and that is something we share.

Martin I. Zing

Be sure to dry clean those uniforms at the end of the season! :worthy:

:tongue:

I think you win the troll of the year award

I think you win the troll of the year award.

This from the guy with 131,000 postings! He dares to call ME a troll! Anyone see the hypocrisy in that? Goodnight America! :tongue:

This from the guy with 131,000 postings! He dares to call ME a troll! Anyone see the hypocrisy in that? Goodnight America! :tongue:

Mr. Zing, somewhere in here is a reference to a PM you sent where you claim to be "working" with Cirque and the G7. That would make you an insider in the situation, a pawn of the G7 (if they even know you post here), and dishonest in your representation of yourself to the rest of us reading your posts.

I would think being called a troll is the least of the accusations directed at you.

I think we have clearly reached the end of the discussion about the Minneapolis Corps Director's Meeting. There is an "official" WSODC / G7 thread open - feel free to continue the discussion there if necessary. To all users - please refrain from personal attacks or name calling - try to keep the discussion on topic.

Thanks,

Mike