An interesting Lewisburg review

hard to tap your foot to 3.5/4.72 time

LOL! I listen to Hank Levy, Don Ellis, Dave Brubeck, and the Duquesne Tamburitzans a lot. I ain't afraid of no goofy timke signature! :tongue:

Hey, even us guys in Westshoremen Alumni can play "Strawberry Soup" with all that stuff in it. Well, kinda... :thumbdown:

Without the drummers backin' up the horns, we'd really be soup, tho...

There's a lot of good groovy stuff out there Levy wrote that I guarantee you could tap your foot to. BD's "Pegasus" for example. :shutup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but just because you obtain copyright privileges, doesnt mean the actual arranging comes for free.

Permission is only that. You get permission as is "Yes or No". They dont arrange anything for you or provide you with anything whatsoever

other than permission to use the material. THEN you have to get an arranger.

Hey Tasty - no kidding - but you are still missing the point - DC arrangers today charge 3-4X for 'original' works versus arranging public domain/licensed material.

Entertainment is relative to the individual. For me and just about all of my drum corp buddies from the 60's - many of the shows today just don't do it !

It's too bad we can't have just one review thread without pot-shots being taken.