159 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win drums?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Bluecoats
    • Cavaliers
    • Cadets
    • Carolina Crown

Got a question, and I don't need a new topic for this. I figure all the percussion guys are on this one. Does the field percussion score include pit? Thanks. Carry on...

It should but it often does not get evaluated evenly. You can usually tell what a judges background is based on his/her evaluation.

And it depends on who is on the finals panel. There are a couple of judges who will not allow a certain corps to win. I will stop there. lol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom has the best drumline. That's a fact. The corps as a whole isn't scoring high enough for the judges to give them an accurate drum score. For that reason they probably won't be allowed to win. DCI judging is stupid.

If that's true, then why has Phantom consistently beaten BD so far in drums, despite scoring way under them overall?

If that's true, then why has Phantom consistently beaten BD so far in drums, despite scoring way under them overall?

it's different if it's just bd than if it's bd ,cavaliers, crown, cadets, bluecoats, and santa clara.... just look at last year, there is no way their drums or brass scores should have been as low as they were.

BD is going to sweep all captions except brass......it would be a crime for Crown not to win that. *goes back to bathing in Crowns horn sound*

Its a different ball game on finals night. If Phantom is in the 7th-8th range going in the judges won't let themselves give Phantom the scores they deserve in drums because they have to allow "wiggle room" for the top 4. It's stupid, and it's wrong, but it's thay way it is.

It should but it often does not get evaluated evenly. You can usually tell what a judges background is based on his/her evaluation.

And it depends on who is on the finals panel. There are a couple of judges who will not allow a certain corps to win. I will stop there. lol

at that level, all of the judges have more than enough skills and ability to read the battery and the pit evenly, the problem is placement...it's tough if you get out on the field to quickly get back up from to check out the pit.

this is why the upstairs perc judge needs to be brought back

ehh i feel as though the judges are gonna side with phantom even IF they are in the 7-8 range (which i doubt they will be). cmon guys, you cant shut out CLEANLINESS! it just affects people in a way that it HAS to be rewarded.

it will make numbers management tough, but if the judge has the brass balls to do it, and Phantom deserves it, it should be done