Can I read this article without my head exploding?

I'm older than you think :-\

Regardless of what you believe people's intentions (real or imagined ) are there's still no point to this thread.

The TOC ≠ G7 proposal.

End of story (for now at least). As I said in my last post -- if there's NEW INFORMATION please bring it to light. But this horse has been beaten a slimy pulp.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! Drum corps lives on to perform another day! *phew*

And when I buy a coffee at Starbucks or a soda from Walmart I am contributing their ultimate quest of world domination... I guess these things just happen :mat:

It's true. You make these choices. The impacts are the same. I acknowledge that by shopping at Walmart, I'm contributing to racial inequality issues. However, as a poor college student, I make that choice. You attend a G-8 event and you acknowledge that you are contributing to a disenfranchisement of lower-placing corps. However, as a drum corps fan, you make that choice.

I'm simply telling you the exact impacts of your decision. Unfortunately, you seem to be unaware of them. And that, to me, is worse than acknowledging it as such and making the critical choice for yourself.

We expect A LOT from our top 12. We expect them have the loud brass, the amazing shows, the wonderful drill moves, and we expect them to bring them up on our feet. We expect even MORE from the top 8.

The corps that we expect more from should in some ways be given more money because more people want to see them. That's just a fact! You can't deny that! You may not LIKE them but they are popular and people want to see them. I don't like BD but I certainly still want to see them!

Frankily, I feel like its the fans getting all worked up over some stilly proposal thats going to be the end of drum corps... You guys get all freaked out about a hidden slideshow that leaked and the conspiracy begins :mat:

Yes, you like drum corps... okay you don't like George.... okay you like smaller corps more than the bigger ones... okay you like DCA... okay its about money, power, Devil worshipping and evil people who want to eat your drum corps babies...

Have funny worrying and concerning yourself! I hope it all works out for you... but I hear there are some great drum corps shows happening this summer so I'm just gonna go see that. Okay, have fun then... :mat:

Charlie1223 is a voice of reason . . .

Say . . . I do like Green Eggs and Ham . . .

Stay tuned

It's true. You make these choices. The impacts are the same. I acknowledge that by shopping at Walmart, I'm contributing to racial inequality issues. However, as a poor college student, I make that choice. You attend a G-8 event and you acknowledge that you are contributing to a disenfranchisement of lower-placing corps. However, as a drum corps fan, you make that choice.

I'm simply telling you the exact impacts of your decision. Unfortunately, you seem to be unaware of them. And that, to me, is worse than acknowledging it as such and making the critical choice for yourself.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you felt unjustifiably guilty anytime you spent money ANYWHERE. Seeing as how any sort of payment to any organization/company can be misconstrude as a promoting any assortment of injustices. I suggest not spending money anywhere that way you'll have the choice of a clear conscience.... oh brother...

Not only is drum corps dying but its Evil too... :(

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you felt unjustifiably guilty anytime you spent money ANYWHERE. Seeing as how any sort of payment to any organization/company can be misconstrude as a promoting any assortment of injustices. I suggest not spending money anywhere that way you'll have the choice of a clear conscience.... oh brother...

Not only is drum corps dying but its Evil too... :(

Hey, I'd just love to see Teal Sound make a run at the championship one day. Apparently we feel differently. :mat: