DCA's Weekend Off

OK.....

DCA's corps are taking this upcoming weekend off ( meaning no shows scheduled on July 31/August 1).

Sooooooooo....

For those of us who otherwise might be performing in a show, working at a show, or watching a show.... what do you all have planned for this weekend?

Are some corps getting in some extra rehearsal time, and are others taking the weekend off entirely?

I'll go first. Even if there had been a show, the missus and I were most likely gonna be home anyway. So we have been planning to go to Naylor Vineyards just north of us in Stewartstown, PA, to see Baltimore's Blue Moon Big Band in concert Saturday night. :satisfied:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.....

DCA's corps are taking this upcoming weekend off ( meaning no shows scheduled on July 31/August 1).

Tell that to Alliance and Atlanta CorpsVets...

There might not be any DCA shows but there are DCA Corps performing.

i'll be watching them from my living room

The Balance in Blue will be returning to the Lewisburg area to perform in the Mifflinburg Hose Company parade and rehearse. The parade is in the afternoon, at 4 p.m.

We will be off the following weekend, followed by the Brigadiers Pageant of Drums in Cicero, NY on August 14.

If you're in the Lewisburg/Mifflinburg area this weekend, stop by to say hi and also help us support the fantastic men and women who help keep us safe! :satisfied:

And getting judged on DCA sheets. :satisfied::blink::wub:

I love my corps family, but I freaking need the weekend off. Besides, my fiancee is getting tired of not seeing me on weekends, so I guess I could hang out with her... :satisfied:

Yes, I knew that those two corps are in the Atlanta DCI regional..... no offense meant by me. By my OP, I meant contests on the DCA schedule.

Edited by Fran Haring

I love my corps family, but I freaking need the weekend off. Besides, my fiancee is getting tired of not seeing me on weekends, so I guess I could hang out with her... :satisfied:

Boy, that sounds familiar...

My fiancee and I are running a 5k together, then enjoying a weekend without me coming back on Sunday smelling terrible.

You can tell it's vacation week. This place has slowed to a halt already. :satisfied: