Screamers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why I'm asking this of a guy with "snareline" in his signature but,

Is "Tripple C" the C 2 octaves above the middle of the trebble clef C?

No triple C is 2 octaves above the high C above the staff.

I'm not sure that was the note though .. I remember trying it on my trumpet after the 90 season (the 86 Madison solo) and I think it came out to a triple F which about be a triple Bb on a G bugle right?

One of my favorite "high-trumpet-note" parts of a show is definitely after the opener in Blue Devils 2004.

Does anyone know what the highest trumpet note ever hit in DCI is? Just wondering now!

Jersey Surf 2001...semi finals...guy hits like a triple something or other...I'm serious. For real.

So we have some claiming:

Madison 83 - E above Double C

Madison 86 - Triple C

Blue Devils 91 - Triple C

'86 Madison and '91 BD were actually Double high Fs(concert Double high Cs). The top 3 high notes as far as I can recollect are:

1) Triple high C - Madison '74(Chris Metzger)

2) Triple high A - late '80s Florida Wave(Larry Shane would know the year)

3)Triple high G - '77 Bridgemen(Jim Brady)

Edited by DoubleHighEZ

Speaking as one drummer to another, I'm pretty sure they weren't asking us, bro...

But KUDOS for stepping up anyway!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue::thumbup:

I think you are right. digging myself in deeper here everytime I open my... fingers. LOL!

I always hung around a soprano BITD, and he would try to explain to me the "fine art" of screaming... how some guys could sustain the note, some couldn't. How some used the high note as an impressive ability, and some just couldn't do anything more than potentially blow a blood vessel in their skull somewhere. LOL... :thumbup:

Anyway, having nothing to do with drum corps what-so-ever, if you YouTube search for screamers you will see/hear both ear shattering horror, and shockingly amazing high note hitters.

5 pages and no mention of "him"

( he who proclaims he plays notes higher than we can hear )

By the way, one of the best constant triple C's I've ever heard was a guy I marched with in a small corps in the 70's who actually used one of those rubber & plastic disks things used for bird whistles......and whistled through the horn on the field every show perfectly. When not using it he carried it between his cheek and gum the rest of the show Judges even sought him out after shows to tell him what a wonderful set of chops he had. I'd get told I had a great sound but what a shame I didn't have chops like him.

a 25 cent bird whistle ? man he used to #### me off

there was a screamer on our bus, she used to wake everyone up in the middle of a long trip....

Check out North Star 1979. Noonan. :tongue:
The standard against all others are judged.

there was a screamer on our bus, she used to wake everyone up in the middle of a long trip....

So many different directions that one could go with this, but id really rather not get banned from DCP today.. :tongue: