Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Cadets horns came to play tonight! That was a much more convincing performance than Houston. Visually, the feet don't quite have the clarity needed to sell the Cadets drill yet, but they are getting closer. It seems like they took some pretty solid strides in the last week.

And in terms of the show design, I guess the decision for this year is to "embrace the cheese".

Holy Cow, I mean Holy Name!! WOW!

Cadets were ON tonight. Still lots of dirt and all, but lots of new content from them. Loved the "old school commands" segment, and the new ending is FABULOUS and much more like toy soldiers who have grown up by the end of the production. WOW! Bravo Cadets! Big crowd reaction tonight as well.

I still want them to get rid of about 2 or 3 baby laughter moments. Other than that...I think we have a dangerous corps on the loose.

I was so much more aware of their guard tonight.

Glad they got rid of the baby giggle, and the replacement isn't nearly as bad.

Not sure about the "Old Skool" reference - wasn't very good example of old skool, IMO.

Now, if they'd inserted a Z-Pull or something...

Show still gets a thumbs up from me.

That show was alright with me early season, and I thoguht it would grow on me. It still sits in the alright category right now. Perhaps with the Finals fire under their butts I'll feel something a bit more :worthy:

I don't care for the baby noises or the entire "Let's show them some old school moves!" part. Heavy on the cheese.

On the positive, I thought the hornline's sound was wonderful and intervals were almost Nats clean. Curvalinears just need some shine, but they will get there.

Edited by littlebirdy

hmmm... I was into this show early in the season... it's missing something or hasn't really grown enough since late June.

I don't think it's missing something...... there actually a lot in it that needs to be "missed."

And what an ending they used to have! A few weeks ago this was one of my favorite Cadets shows of all time and probably my favorite show from this summer.... now some parts of it are just unbearable..... very disappointing.