Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would really liked to have seen the Blue Stars tonight..... great show!! Will have to see how things shake out between now and the end of the season.. I have a feeling the top 8 and arrangemt of will look very different come Indi.

leaving to go watch some rehearsal right now!!! boo ya baby!

i'll try to post some tonight on here

I can't wait for the first G7 show of the year. I hope MCDC and BAC really do well as the opening act also!

/sarcasm

But seriously, can't wait for my annual drum corps fix!

Yes... and Boston is in the top 8 under the qualifying rules in head to head and scores. Blue Stars beat Boston last nite for the first time in the last 10 head to head competitions going back over a year. Congrats to the Blue Stars for that milestone.. But the competition this year in earlier shows to get to Mufreesboro for tonite's competition was over and decided before the Corps got to Alabama. So that explains it, AnaheimAlumni.

Im confident had they gotten an actual head to head competition in San Antonio (or in minneapolis, for that matter, where this was supposed to be decided), the result wouldve been different. There was no 'competition earlier this year' between them that decided this, it was decided based on the scores from 2 separate nights in san antonio, BAC going one day later (with one more day to clean before the judges viewed it). And... what exactly does '10 head to heads going back to last year' matter? Theyve had 4 head to head matchups this year, and the 2 most recent before last night were within tenths. Last year doesnt matter worth anything.

Edited by AlexL

Im confident had they gotten an actual head to head competition in San Antonio (or in minneapolis, for that matter, where this was supposed to be decided), the result wouldve been different. There was no 'competition earlier this year' between them that decided this, it was decided based on the scores from 2 separate nights in san antonio, BAC going one day later (with one more day to clean before the judges viewed it). And... what exactly does '10 head to heads going back to last year' matter? Theyve had 4 head to head matchups this year, and the 2 most recent before last night were within tenths. Last year doesnt matter worth anything.

However, the way you get into Murfreesboro was to have the top eight score coming out of San Antonio and BAC did that. There have been times, in recent years, that BAC didn't make it into Murfressboro but then went on to beat the number 8 corps in Atlanta. It happens. BAC earned the spot tonight, plain and simple.

Blue Stars are having an awesome run right now, enjoy it man! It'll be alright....

Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuecoats have had some magical moments in TN lets see if one of them will be tonight

However, the way you get into Murfreesboro was to have the top eight score coming out of San Antonio and BAC did that. There have been times, in recent years, that BAC didn't make it into Murfressboro but then went on to beat the number 8 corps in Atlanta. It happens. BAC earned the spot tonight, plain and simple.

Blue Stars are having an awesome run right now, enjoy it man! It'll be alright....

I actually think missing Murf is an advantage for Blue Stars going into ATL. They get a full day opf rehearsal and a full night of sleep on the floor tonight, while BAC has to cut today short due to their early step off in Murf, and they have to spend five or six hours sleeping on buses tonight. Same goes for BS advantage over SCV and PR tonight.

I actually think missing Murf is an advantage for Blue Stars going into ATL. They get a full day opf rehearsal and a full night of sleep on the floor tonight, while BAC has to cut today short due to their early step off in Murf, and they have to spend five or six hours sleeping on buses tonight. Same goes for BS advantage over SCV and PR tonight.

As I have said many, many times..."Everything in life has a trade off, everything."