"G7" formed to raise more money...

G7 rocks!

You know for someone who is supposed to be on the "Forum Support Team" you sure do troll a lot. :worthy:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing someone mention that the mirrors were provided as part of one of their sponsorship agreements, as they are built on percussion carts. Guard costumes - sponsorship with FJM.

Pretty much all the top corps have arrangements to get uniforms, instruments, flags, etc. either free or well below market value in exchange for allowing their organizations to be used in the manufacturers' advertising/promotion. It is one of the best investments these companies can make in showing their products used by the best quality groups in real world situations.

You'll have to look elsewhere for examples of all the "frivolous spending."

I remember seeing someone mention that the mirrors were provided as part of one of their sponsorship agreements, as they are built on percussion carts. Guard costumes - sponsorship with FJM.

Pretty much all the top corps have arrangements to get uniforms, instruments, flags, etc. either free or well below market value in exchange for allowing their organizations to be used in the manufacturers' advertising/promotion. It is one of the best investments these companies can make in showing their products used by the best quality groups in real world situations.

You'll have to look elsewhere for examples of all the "frivolous spending."

You are right and who cares whats spent its none of our business. I dont donate 100 bucks to the heart association then ask exactly where is my money is spent or for my approval. ok that was a bad example but you get my point.

If every show had to account to us why something was done or is transportation an issue then I would pack it up and go.

The next time I go into NY and see a show maybe I will ask at the door if they could discount a ticket if the sets were a bit smaller..ughhhhhhhhh.....lol..... sorry funny to me. Noone take offence please hehehe

You know for someone who is supposed to be on the "Forum Support Team" you sure do troll a lot. :worthy:

I love the G7.

It's fine that people think they did this to raise money for props, of course.

Makes perfect sense, really.

The G7 needs more money? How big was that flat screen TV @ the Cadets' souvenir stand? 36"? 40"? They couldn't get by with a 22"?

Edited by Tank

It's not just about props, but a seperate truck and staff for props does bug me. I can't stand new uniforms every season, 10 vehicle convoys, highly paid staff, more, more more.

I just think that the top corps spend more and more and need more and more. As a frugal person it drives me crazy. Have you ever seen the pile of trash some corps leave behind at a housing site? Gotten an email from your corps that says "we need 5k for new opener flags please help"....wtf! Buying new guard unis with two weeks to go in the season? These corps are just blowing through hundreds of thousands of dollars (over a million is some cases) every summer. Drumcorps doesn't have to be that way.

1.) Those mirrors have to be REALLY expensive. I'll betcha you could feed an Open Class corps for a week for the price of those 475 mirrors. I guess somebody gets to keep those after the season to view their "G7"-sized ego in, right? I would hate to think their purpose is over and done with in less than one month.

Mirrored acrylic sheets are actually VERY INexpensive. I looked into getting some for a group i taught a few years ago and it was >$50 for a 48"x96" sheet.

It's not just about props, but a seperate truck and staff for props does bug me. I can't stand new uniforms every season, 10 vehicle convoys, highly paid staff, more, more more.

I just think that the top corps spend more and more and need more and more. As a frugal person it drives me crazy. Have you ever seen the pile of trash some corps leave behind at a housing site? Gotten an email from your corps that says "we need 5k for new opener flags please help"....wtf! Buying new guard unis with two weeks to go in the season? These corps are just blowing through hundreds of thousands of dollars (over a million is some cases) every summer. Drumcorps doesn't have to be that way.

No youre right it doesnt have to be that way BUT Im sure glad it is. I dont want to go back to the days of watching the same ole same ole every year. Drum Corps has evolved to a way differnt level ( the good and bad of it ) When you spend a fortune to succeed in this business and if we want to admit it or not success breeds more success sometimes and attracts the members spending to do that just becomes part of the process......sorry to say......Just my opinion.