Cadets 2010 Vocals

Or perhaps the judges reaction was the same as that on here. From the standpoint that Jeffrey is one tune away from being assimilated into the corps, it makes no sense that he acts more childish here than in the beginning. The kid is a great actor and they are really selling the show. Maybe the tune is supposed to exemplify the soldiers imitating him? I dunno.

I have to think the run was taken out because they couldn't clean it, because if they could it would get all kinds of cheers and babys thrown. I heard it live once and several times on FN and it wasn't anything near as clean the run at the end of Farandole in 2001.

3rd time will hopefully be the charm on this edit. They invested in the Jeffrey flags so I will be curious to see if they continue to use them.

I saw them rehearse it over and OVERRRRR today, and I think it's approaching Farandole cleanliness, it's very good.

Members are tired, it's that time of year. The most consistent single complaint by the staff was just about making the commitment, and not holding back.

I saw them rehearse it over and OVERRRRR today, and I think it's approaching Farandole cleanliness, it's very good.

Members are tired, it's that time of year. The most consistent single complaint by the staff was just about making the commitment, and not holding back.

Just my opinion, but I have a feeling that run is a little more difficult than the one from 2001. Isn't this tempo much faster than it was in Farandole?

Just my opinion, but I have a feeling that run is a little more difficult than the one from 2001. Isn't this tempo much faster than it was in Farandole?

They both seem around 160-ish.

Silly Hop and his interference with the design and instruction.

He's like a big kid. Take the mic away from him.

I was out and missed the webcast tonight...can anyone fill me in on the changes in the Cadets show? This was one of my favorite shows about a month ago, becoming less so with changes that they made, but now with the vocals I think they've finally lost me. What are they exactly, and what part did they replace?

I thought finally after five years Hopkins would just once try to make the music stand on its own. Guess its back to having hope for next year as usual. Kind of sucks never being able to see a show from my favorite corps live that I've liked.

Yes, I loved this show up until the Atlanta performance. It looks like they have found a way to ruin it for me. I don't understand why they would put something so STUPID into the show. The voice that played (it wasn't actually the guard person playing Jeffrey's voice) was ridiculous and sounded like bullwinkle from the rocky and bullwinkle show, "HEY KIDS, LET'S SHOW THESE GUYS SOME OLD SCHOOL MOVES!!....LEFT FACE!.....RIGHT FACE!...PARAAAAAAADE REST!!.....DIIIIISMISSED!" ugh. I cannot stand this section, and it ruins the show for me. Please, please, please George take this back out. It doesn't even make sense in your story line anyway. Little Jeffrey is not even a Cadet yet but he's performing as drum major? The salute made sense because you figure he is "acting" as drum major, but this new part just doesn't make sense story wise. Your show was great as it was. I also preferred the old ending though the new one is pretty good also. I can't explain to you how infuriated I was when I heard this part of the show. It was like 2008 all over again. I want to like this show. I did like it. In fact, I loved it. And now they have ruined it. Do you have any idea how frustrating this is to me? I need to scream or something. :blink::tongue::mat:

Yes, I loved this show up until the Atlanta performance. It looks like they have found a way to ruin it for me. I don't understand why they would put something so STUPID into the show. The voice that played (it wasn't actually the guard person playing Jeffrey's voice) was ridiculous and sounded like bullwinkle from the rocky and bullwinkle show, "HEY KIDS, LET'S SHOW THESE GUYS SOME OLD SCHOOL MOVES!!....LEFT FACE!.....RIGHT FACE!...PARAAAAAAADE REST!!.....DIIIIISMISSED!" ugh. I cannot stand this section, and it ruins the show for me. Please, please, please George take this back out. It doesn't even make sense in your story line anyway. Little Jeffrey is not even a Cadet yet but he's performing as drum major? The salute made sense because you figure he is "acting" as drum major, but this new part just doesn't make sense story wise. Your show was great as it was. I also preferred the old ending though the new one is pretty good also. I can't explain to you how infuriated I was when I heard this part of the show. It was like 2008 all over again. I want to like this show. I did like it. In fact, I loved it. And now they have ruined it. Do you have any idea how frustrating this is to me? I need to scream or something. :tongue::mat: :mat:

Chill. The commands are out, and the run is back in. :blink:

Yes, I loved this show up until the Atlanta performance... <snip>

You must've missed this post:

From Hop's FB: (Hope you don't mind me reposting it here...)
In the old days we would make changeafter change until we got it right "if you know it's going to work ... don't do it. Try something else" That was the motto. Well, I orchestrated one change that DID NOT WORK. There are reasons ... none matter! So back to the drawing board and for now the "run", needs to come back. "Old School" needs to go away. And yes I learned a few things :-) A Happier Sunday to all!

:blink:

:tongue:

Edited by skajerk

i'm thankful that it's out, that's the one part i really hated

i actually thought the 'right, right, right left right' was pretty hilarious!

I did not get that until now. That is funny.

i'm thankful that it's out, that's the one part i really hated

i actually thought the 'right, right, right left right' was pretty hilarious!

We SOOOO did that in 2003 before Fanfare and Allegro - people loved it then too :blink: