Crown Brass score

How was their performance position "randomly" determined? They were beat by BD, Cavies, and Coats to earn the 4th from the end position.

There was nothing random about that.

I thought they were doing the groups of 3 thing....not that it goes against what you're trying to say, of course.

I must be missing something huge because I don't understand that one at all. From the opening, it is clear to me that this is a special horn line. The opening from the Baritones is completely unbelievable. They are spread at 5+ yard intervals playing full out all the way down to almost nothing and there is not a hint of anyone sticking out. It is flawless and played with both power and finesse. And it doesn't dissapoint anywhere after that. They have great tone from top to bottom. They are loud and balanced. They are articulate in all ranges. And FIFTH? Yuo've got to be kidding me.

I agree....have heard them live.

I thought they were doing the groups of 3 thing....not that it goes against what you're trying to say, of course.

For today, they are in Atlanta. If they did it for Murf, then it wasn't evident. The performance order was pretty much as not random as you can get, straight up rank from start to finish minus the fact that Blue Stars probably should have been there.

Today, SCV is after Crown, which is quite perplexing and random, and proof the blocks of 3 were used as you suggest. Oh well.

Then let's get the brass judges off the field and into the press box so they can judge the music as it is intended to be heard instead of an irrelevant place where you can't hear the forest for the trees.

Good point!

For today, they are in Atlanta. If they did it for Murf, then it wasn't evident. The performance order was pretty much as not random as you can get, straight up rank from start to finish minus the fact that Blue Stars probably should have been there.

Today, SCV is after Crown, which is quite perplexing and random, and proof the blocks of 3 were used as you suggest. Oh well.

Yeah, I was :tongue: on that one.

The lineup last night was so awesome, I forgot it wasn't a regional.

they softened up their articulation in a few places from what I can hear, but i think they sound great. doubt the brass will be 5th by finals.

I do too... 1st, or second for sure...wherever they place, Im gonna enjoy hearing that beautifl sound this coming next two weeks !!

G