When are corps going to come back to their roots?

No more narration or vocals either.

apparently you didn't get the joke

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer has never left it's roots but gains virtually no respect from the general drum corps fan. "Why do they play Irish music?", "I think they are quaint.". They have been educating kids for 49 years, giving many young people a sense of belonging and have enriched literally thousands of lives.

It's about a whole lot more than uniforms, color presentations and music. It's about the kids and Pioneer has never forgotten it

Better every day - What a great motto and what a great way to live a life.

I've only known about Drum Corps for like 3 years now and maybe it's just me, but Social Darwinism may play a role? I mean as society moves toward the new, if one doesn't change and adapt, then the others that do will come out on top. Just my take after being a 3 year fan?

I've only known about Drum Corps for like 3 years now and maybe it's just me, but Social Darwinism may play a role? I mean as society moves toward the new, if one doesn't change and adapt, then the others that do will come out on top. Just my take after being a 3 year fan?

i think people who have dared to become fans in the last few years who actually like what they're seeing and hearing (hence becoming fans) would look on here and wonder what they got themselves into.

marching band. serious ####.

It's just the way the activity has evolved. Some may like it, some may not.

Just like how there was once a time when the forward pass was illegal in football....

True. Incidentally, the foward pass in football was first allowed in 1906 for football history buffs.

WTF is a color pre.

" color presentation " is the eye shadow and facial makeup time for the Guard before the show.

It's a mix and match, and you want to do it right to generate the right effect.

Some do the makeup color application for their show presentation better than others.

Cadets, Cavs do a fine application of makeup, but like most other aspects of Drum Corps, the Blue Devils Guard uses the best combination of colors in their makeup from what I've been told.

Edited by BRASSO

Color Presentation - involves presenting the American or Canadian Flag with honor and following flag codes.

Review the presentations of the Chicago Royal-Aires at DCI Semi Finals 2002 and the Kingsmen at the Semi-finals in 2007.

It also promoted the crowds to stand and honor the flag as well as the corps to come up with a great moment in their shows.

It is a great loss as well as full retreat with the corps playing themselves off the field with a 'special corps song' ie: Madison Scouts, Phathom, the Cadets, and Cavies.

Old School YES - effective YES

Learn your history folks!!!!

Pioneer has never left it's roots but gains virtually no respect from the general drum corps fan. "Why do they play Irish music?", "I think they are quaint.". They have been educating kids for 49 years, giving many young people a sense of belonging and have enriched literally thousands of lives.

It's about a whole lot more than uniforms, color presentations and music. It's about the kids and Pioneer has never forgotten it

Better every day - What a great motto and what a great way to live a life.

Leaving their roots or not has little to do with Pioneer's competitive success. Not playing and not marching to the level of the corps ahead of them competitively does. This is not the member's issue, judging is more a comment on how an instructional staff does their job as compared to other corps.