Were the Cavaliers the only corps that got people on their feet in Atl

Unless someone pulls a rabbit out of their hat very quickly, no one is likley to top BD this year anyway. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but it looks like the way it's shaping up.

I actually CAN pull a rabbit out of a hat, and very quickly indeed. That's all I have to do in order for someone to top BD? Now where did I put my hat?.... :blink:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should poll those that dislike BD what kind of hot dogs the stadium served :blink:

G

Oh, that is a sore subject for me at Atlanta.

Their concession service was really bad!

They did not have hot dogs ready to serve during the 1 INT and people were waiting for 10 - 15 minutes to get them... impacting waiting of all concession service.

My family also made the mistake of ordering a Veggie hot dog... 55 minute wait.

INT should have definitely been penalized at the Atlanta show.

I missed Scouts but they MAY have gotten some in-show feet... not sure.

In not, they SHOULD have from the crowd reaction I heard.

Definite feet for Cavies after trumpet trio.

I, too, stood for all corps at the end of their shows.

Correct on both. The Scouts' opener brought a standing ovation and raucous cheering. It was awesome. The Cavaliers got a mid-show standing O for the "This is my rifle" section, after the 7/4 breakdown and trumpet trio. Phantom may have gotten one when they came out of the tunnel. I was all eyes on the field then, and I didn't feel like turning around to see. The crowd was LOUD, though.

Every corps got some measure of a standing ovation after their show, but the corps that got enthusiastic, leap-to-your-feet ovations following their shows were Spirit (hometown), Troopers, Scouts, Blue Stars, Phantom, BAC, The Cadets, Crown, SCV, Bloo, and The Cavaliers. The Blue Devils got one, but it was more of a "might as well stand up and clap some, they're the last one" kind of thing.

Please stop with the troll threads Lance. If you want to troll you should resign your postion as a member of the forum support team.

Please stop with the troll threads Lance. If you want to troll you should resign your postion as a member of the forum support team.

:blink: I honestly think he wants to poll the attending members of the ATL show. I, too, often wonder how the crowd is REALLY reacting to something I see on a webcast. How, exactly, is he trolling?

Correct on both. The Scouts' opener brought a standing ovation and raucous cheering. It was awesome. The Cavaliers got a mid-show standing O for the "This is my rifle" section, after the 7/4 breakdown and trumpet trio. Phantom may have gotten one when they came out of the tunnel. I was all eyes on the field then, and I didn't feel like turning around to see. The crowd was LOUD, though.

Every corps got some measure of a standing ovation after their show, but the corps that got enthusiastic, leap-to-your-feet ovations following their shows were Spirit (hometown), Troopers, Scouts, Blue Stars, Phantom, BAC, The Cadets, Crown, SCV, Bloo, and The Cavaliers. The Blue Devils got one, but it was more of a "might as well stand up and clap some, they're the last one" kind of thing.

I'm sorry but leap-to-your-feet ovation and SCV should not be in the same sentence. I had to stand up to motivate all the people around me to react after their show. A few of the other corps you mentioned did not get a LEAPING response either.

I'm sorry but leap-to-your-feet ovation and SCV should not be in the same sentence. I had to stand up to motivate all the people around me to react after their show. A few of the other corps you mentioned did not get a LEAPING response either.

Leaping can't apply to them all, but they got much more obvious responses than some earlier corps.... and the blue team from out West.