Were the Cavaliers the only corps that got people on their feet in Atl

Ok, let's re-phrase...WERE ANY BABIES THROWN???? If so, I don't think they made it to the field, didn't see any on the FN-but then again, there WERE ads between all the corps!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless someone pulls a rabbit out of their hat very quickly, no one is likley to top BD this year anyway. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but it looks like the way it's shaping up.

Just my opinion from Club level on the 45, Madison got the most frequent applause.....and had the largest tossed baby moments.

I can only imagine what it will be like in Indy. Luckily I will get to experience it from the 50 in the upper deck for finals and the 45

lower level for semifinals. :worthy:

All the top 6 got standing O's of varying intensity at the end.

Great Show!!!

Edited by DCI dad

Since the show was in Atlanta, maybe Chick-Fil-A was served. :worthy:

Oh dear.

yeah....it is kinda funny when you step back. I bet most of us would get along just fine...we have more in common than we dont, I have always thought this.

G

I am literally the only person in my family and circle of friends that likes drum corps. I think in real life I would manage get along with even the surliest DCP poster just to be able to talk about it.

Ok, let's re-phrase...WERE ANY BABIES THROWN???? If so, I don't think they made it to the field, didn't see any on the FN-but then again, there WERE ads between all the corps!

I'm just so glad that it is babies being thrown and not animals..those PETA people can be pretty mean! :worthy::lol:

I think it would be a fair assumption to say that INT had most of the crowd up and moving, although that wasn't shown on the webcast.

I was in 222 left of 50 in club level. Could not see top part of lower bowl or any of upper bowl.

Many corps received standing O's.

From MY vantage point, Madison got the best reaction followed by Cavaliers, Cadets, Bluecoats, Phantom, and BD.

Many other corps had sporadic standing O's but many of the other standing O's did not have fans jump to their feet right after the performance unlike others.

If I recall correctly, Teal Sound was one of the first at the show to get a standing O.

In many cases what a corps does to end a show helps make the emotional connection causing the standing O's.

By that reasoning, it should be obvious why the fans react to Madison... they really connect at the end of the show (reminds me of Mad 1980 or 1981).