Were the Cavaliers the only corps that got people on their feet in Atl

I KNOW! Why not start 3 more threads?

Example of titles:

If a corps did get the crowd on their feet, were their feet together? Apart? What were their legs doing?

OR

Okay, if the corps did get the crowd to their feet, and the crowd applauded, were their clapping hands waist level, face level, or above their heads?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Priceless.

From where I was watching the show from ,"Top row of the lower level ", everybody stood up at the end of the last 5 or 6 corps. Their backsides were numb from sitting there for 7 hours !!!!!

Bill

Edited by Bill L.

Lance, I think what you have been hearing from others is that the Cavaliers are the ONLY corps to get the crowd on their feet in the middle of the show, and not just at the end. Almost all corps get a standing O at the end. Some are bigger than others. Some can be massive, some are good, some are polite, and some are quite delayed.

But the mid-show standing ovation is what many have been talking about. And from what I have seen, no other corps has received a mid-show standing ovation other than the Cavaliers.

As for end-of-show standing ovations, I would say Madison, Phantom, even Cadets, have been getting a better response, but just about all the corps are getting one.

Hope that helps.

Lance, I think what you have been hearing from others is that the Cavaliers are the ONLY corps to get the crowd on their feet in the middle of the show, and not just at the end. Almost all corps get a standing O at the end. Some are bigger than others. Some can be massive, some are good, some are polite, and some are quite delayed.

But the mid-show standing ovation is what many have been talking about. And from what I have seen, no other corps has received a mid-show standing ovation other than the Cavaliers.

As for end-of-show standing ovations, I would say Madison, Phantom, even Cadets, have been getting a better response, but just about all the corps are getting one.

Hope that helps.

some people have said that. others have said pretty explicity that the cavies were the only corps that got the crowd on its feet.

your perceptions are interesting. thanks.

I think we should poll those that dislike BD what kind of hot dogs the stadium served :lol:

G

Since the show was in Atlanta, maybe Chick-Fil-A was served. :worthy:

Now, I don't remember if Seattle Cascades got a standing ovation in the middle of their show or not. I do recall that the Cascades got a more tepid response from the audience than some groups that went on later, which is clear proof that I have a deep-seated, unconscious hatred for the Cascades. It's not clear to me why I hate the Cascades, but since I remember the audience reacting more warmly to other corps I must hate them . . . there's no getting around that fact.

With this in mind, I can safely say that the Seattle Cascades received several full standing ovations during their performance.