SoCal Dream Seeking Donations

See, joefanalum??? PayPal DOES work...

Honestly the sarcasm doesn't help. I don't use PayPal either because of using it once and getting horribly burned by someone who hacked my account and left me literally screwed. I don't care how quickly the Bank responded, within 2 business days, it still didn't change that it happened, the fact it happened a day before a holiday (so those 2 business days became 3) and that I was left without any money to get home, stranded 100 miles from home.

So I'll be ###### if I use it again. Maybe the guy you just snarked had something similar happen and that's his reason why he doesn't use the internet for money matters. Instead of being sarcastic about it, you could have offered an address. If you don't want a check, fine, IMO anyone would would say that doesn't need the money that badly.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the sarcasm doesn't help. I don't use PayPal either because of using it once and getting horribly burned by someone who hacked my account and left me literally screwed. I don't care how quickly the Bank responded, within 2 business days, it still didn't change that it happened, the fact it happened a day before a holiday (so those 2 business days became 3) and that I was left without any money to get home, stranded 100 miles from home.

So I'll be ###### if I use it again. Maybe the guy you just snarked had something similar happen and that's his reason why he doesn't use the internet for money matters. Instead of being sarcastic about it, you could have offered an address. If you don't want a check, fine, IMO anyone would would say that doesn't need the money that badly.

Mike Nash gave an address....I don't speak for Dream....nowhere have I ever implied that I do. I haven't been a member since 06 (you DO read the sig block occasionally, right)...but the post was basically warning people away from using PayPal to donate to Dream...and the end of the season is too close and the financial need too great (remember how far they have to travel).

I've used PayPal for years for both buying and selling....never an issue. Not everyone has bad experiences...and a check can get lost in the mail or stolen as easily as someone's PayPal account getting hacked.

People COULD donate by credit card, but I don't know if Dream has a merchant account for card processing (they didn't when I was a member).

Edited by 84BDsop

I didn't take it as warning people not to but as that person's choice was to not use it. I still think even if you aren't involved with the corps anymore you posting an address instead of being sarcastic would have gone farther.

Sam hasn't been involved with Dream for 4 years so an address from him is a bit unrealistic, but our director had posted an address as soon as asked. We do appreciate everyone's concerns and help in getting us on the road to Rochester.

Mike Nash gave an address....I don't speak for Dream....nowhere have I ever implied that I do. I haven't been a member since 06 (you DO read the sig block occasionally, right)...but the post was basically warning people away from using PayPal to donate to Dream...and the end of the season is too close and the financial need too great (remember how far they have to travel).

I've used PayPal for years for both buying and selling....never an issue. Not everyone has bad experiences...and a check can get lost in the mail or stolen as easily as someone's PayPal account getting hacked.

People COULD donate by credit card, but I don't know if Dream has a merchant account for card processing (they didn't when I was a member).

Sam,

I, too, have had a horrible experience with PayPal. For that reason I do not/will not ever use that process again.

That having been said, I'm mailing a check tomorrow. They should have it by Monday - Tuesday at the latest. Presuming someone gets to the bank in a timely fashion, the check could be deposited by Friday of next week. Giving the bank five days for the check to clear, they'll have the money by the sixteenth or so.

That still gives them three weeks before Rochester. I know it's cutting it kind of close, but I seem to recall an earlier post indicating that they'd be needing cash after Rochester as well; so now they've got some.

Andy

Check coming from here, too, in the next day or two.

I've had ongoing problems with PayPal...something wacky going on with my sign-in and password. It literally does not let me sign in, or change the sign-in and/or password.

Check coming from here, too, in the next day or two.

I've had ongoing problems with PayPal...something wacky going on with my sign-in and password. It literally does not let me sign in, or change the sign-in and/or password.

See! The really cool guys are all going the check/mail route.

Sam hasn't been involved with Dream for 4 years so an address from him is a bit unrealistic, but our director had posted an address as soon as asked.

And, in fact, it was before my first comment...

But hey...the responses keep the thread on the front page...

Thanks Ryan...

I will be sending thank you donation receipt to all who donate...