Does it suck

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, not to be a buzz kill, but Phantom came in to the 2008 championship having had the highest score the weekend before at Allentown.

R.I.P My Buzz.

HAHA. Jokes.

I'm just saying, I aint heard no fat lady sing yet.

They obviously have the love of the judges so you might as well engrave the trophy now. Three points is a tough hill to climb for any corps. But I don't go to DCI just for drum corp anymore. To see old friends and taking a little vacation with the family is the main purpose these days. Add to it that my wife marched Suncoast and she is attending the HOF dinner honoring Robert Smith, amoung others. Met the man once but never knew he was a musical genius.

I just cannot imagine going to championships to find out who wins. Of course I love the competition aspect of drum corps.... I get excited about that just sitting at my computer watching the scores come in, and when looking at the recaps. But as for at the show live..... if one corps is way out front... I don't see how that could put a damper on any enjoyment. If anything, it would make me really look forward to their performance being curious if I thought they were really that much better than the rest.

Actually, not to be a buzz kill, but Phantom came in to the 2008 championship having had the highest score the weekend before at Allentown.

But did they have as big as a spread at the time as BD has today?

I just cannot imagine going to championships to find out who wins. Of course I love the competition aspect of drum corps.... I get excited about that just sitting at my computer watching the scores come in, and when looking at the recaps. But as for at the show live..... if one corps is way out front... I don't see how that could put a damper on any enjoyment. If anything, it would make me really look forward to their performance being curious if I thought they were really that much better than the rest.

For my part, I don't go to finals JUST to see who wins. But you have to admit, that right now it's a bit like watching a Superbowl where one team is up 57 points in the fourth quarter - you just hope the remaining commercials are funny as hell.

And while I'm looking forward to seeing BD live, it's more to see if it will change my opinion of the show, not to see if they're "that much better".

Would it suck if 2010 became known as the year of the biggest collapse in DCI history? The year a corps entered the championship with the biggest lead, but

ended up NOT winning the championship!

Unless one is clairvoyant, nobody knows what the point spread will be after the Semi Finals going into the Finals to make the claim as " the biggest collapse in DCI history ". Plus, why put a negative connotation on this should it occur ?Wouldn't it sound so much better to call it the biggest" comeback" in DCI history rather than the biggest" collapse " in DCI history ? ( I know they are one in the same... but it sounds better, imo )

I don't blame the Blue Devils for having such a commanding lead - that's silly. They're doing what they do, and it happens to be better than everyone else. (Except for Music GE, but that's a different story.) Once other corps start doing that *they* do as well, then it'll be a closer contest.

I wish it were closer, but you can hardly fault BD for that. What, we should tell them "play worse, so the scores will be closer?"

Mike