Yngwie Malmsteen

I was just curious how the average dca fan would feel about an all age corps doing a show based on Yngwie Malmsteen music. Sorry I have this thing for heavy metal and classical music combined.

I was just curious how the average dca fan would feel about an all age corps doing a show based on Yngwie Malmsteen music. Sorry I have this thing for heavy metal and classical music combined.

Only if there is an entire hornline that can play that fast, with absolute clarity. LOLOL!!

I don't know how you would do it. To say I am an Yngwie fan is an understatement. I first saw him live in 1986 opening up for Triumph (Rik Emmett). I have since seen him another 5 times or so. He is absolutely unreal. He takes a lot of grief for some reason, but frankly, I don't care. Let he who has had an album grammy nominated for best rock instrumental by the age of 21 cast the first stone.

Ignore the hair if you can.......there's a lot of it. If you only have a minute, fast forward to the 4 minute mark and watch the next 1:30 or so. This is from his first album.

Only if there is an entire hornline that can play that fast, with absolute clarity. LOLOL!!

The clip was just my toung n cheek humor LOL.

On the otherhand he does have some nice ballads that could work.

The clip was just my toung n cheek humor LOL.

On the otherhand he does have some nice ballads that could work.

You are talking with someone who played bass in the 80's.... I remember this guitar player taking alot of heat for copping classical riffs.

No matter... He's a genius in my book! Those "sweep arpeggios" he's doing would be next to impossible for a brass player.... but the ballads

are certainly possible.... :)

:thumbup:

They'll screw it up and say Yingwee. Or maybe screw it up even more and say YingLing (like Yuengling, the beer).

it's possible. really it depends on the arrangement

- FAN -

Fun to watch!

:thumbup:

Edited by skybusmgr