Empire Statesmen 89.350

Hurricanes 88.50

MN Brass Inc. 87.838

Caballeros 87.075

Bushwackers 82.80

Alliance 80.975

Kilties 80.525

CorpsVets 80.40

Breathing room is relative. On one hand, Bush is three points closer to CV than they are to the Cabs. On the other hand, we've seen what Bush can do in the final weeks leading up to Rochester (spelling was the edit in this post).

It should get more interesting next week when the 90's are likely to start appearing. Will a "Bush push" pull Alliance, Kilties, and CV's scores closer to the top-5?. Will Alliance jump Bush and make a ride the magic pumpkin to the ball? We know what Bucs are...... where do Kidsgrove and San Franagades fit in?

Last year there was a gap of 15+ points from Bucs in first to Kilties in 11th. I look for that to close to 12.

And Class A almost needs a weekend of their own. What a magnificent season!

I really admire corps from outside the northeast. As difficult as it can be for the northeast corps to set their show for the season and prepare and travel each week, add the extra travel time and expenses and you have to salute these dedicated folks.

An extra shout-out to Renegades, who will be the ones to keep amps out of DCA. Do you have any idea how many 25-foot extension cords you need to reach from San Francisco to Rochester???? And if Kidsgrove comes back, we'd need a new Atlantic Cable.

Joe

Edited by JoeDz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I don't consider the gap between Empire and Hurcs to be anything that Empire should feel comfortable with. Hurcs won all announced captions except brass. If Hurcs get that brass score up, Empire has something to be very worried about IMO.
One thing is for sure...Empire and Hurcs (and Cabs and MBI) would be best served by keeping their sights set on the Bucs. Second place will take care of itself and will be largely inconsequential. And before anyone gets all upset about the term "inconsequential", I only used this term because we all know that Empire, Hurcs, Cabs and MBI did not work hard all winter and sweat all summer with the goal of second place.

One thing is for sure...Empire and Hurcs (and Cabs and MBI) would be best served by keeping their sights set on the Bucs. Second place will take care of itself and will be largely inconsequential. And before anyone gets all upset about the term "inconsequential", I only used this term because we all know that Empire, Hurcs, Cabs and MBI did not work hard all winter and sweat all summer with the goal of second place.

Can't speak for Empire, Hurcs or Cabs. But MBI's "goal" has never had anything to do with placements. Their measurement of success is internal, not external.

Can't speak for Empire, Hurcs or Cabs. But MBI's "goal" has never had anything to do with placements. Their measurement of success is internal, not external.
But I'll betcha' a dime to a dollar that being announced in first place at championships would make that warm and fuzzy feeling a whole lot warmer and fuzzier....

But I'll betcha' a dime to a dollar that being announced in first place at championships would make that warm and fuzzy feeling a whole lot warmer and fuzzier....

Well of course it would. :lookaround: I think any corps scoring at the upper levels would love to win since it is within reach and it's a delightful validation. But for anyone to base their goals on winning is plain ridiculous.

For the record, I don't consider the gap between Empire and Hurcs to be anything that Empire should feel comfortable with. Hurcs won all announced captions except brass. If Hurcs get that brass score up, Empire has something to be very worried about IMO.

Have to Agree with you on that Liz. Less than a point is not exactly breathing room. NOW.....put Hurcs on "G" Horns and see that gap disappear. Just sayin.............(same for Cabs)

I will disagree with you on the "G" horns. I think the Hurcs sound has drastically improved being on Bb's.

Well of course it would. :lookaround: I think any corps scoring at the upper levels would love to win since it is within reach and it's a delightful validation. But for anyone to base their goals on winning is plain ridiculous.

This has come up before about MBI. Other corps members have said they are very much about trying to win. You don't speak for the whole corps. There is nothing ridiculous about being competitive and trying to win. It is a contest.

Have to Agree with you on that Liz. Less than a point is not exactly breathing room. NOW.....put Hurcs on "G" Horns and see that gap disappear. Just sayin.............(same for Cabs)

Why would the key of the horns make a difference(except maybe in effect,a little)? :lookaround:

Why would the key of the horns make a difference(except maybe in effect,a little)? :lookaround:

i think that G's are louder. that's about it. i still think they are better outdoors. just my opinion............i was a drummer.