Anything Yet From Aug. 7 Shows?

i think that G's are louder. that's about it. i still think they are better outdoors. just my opinion............i was a drummer.

Not sure if they are Louder, exactly, but their sound is Broader. Empire, for example, can do with 40 horns that takes 60 Bb horns for the same product. Just my opinion. While sitting in the stands I can pick out individuals errors on Bb. On G....not so much.

Just my opinion folks. I calls it as "I" see it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if they are Louder, exactly, but their sound is Broader. Empire, for example, can do with 40 horns that takes 60 Bb horns for the same product. Just my opinion. While sitting in the stands I can pick out individuals errors on Bb. On G....not so much.

the great hy drietzer said " i don't care what you do just keep it in G." good enough for me! :lookaround:

the great hy drietzer said " i don't care what you do just keep it in G." good enough for me! :lookaround:

Hy and Truman Crawford must have had the same mindset. Yinz know, Don, flaming is on the way. Don't mean this to get back into the Bb vs. G thingee. (but........just think where the Cabs would be if.........oh nevermind) :lookaround:

Hy and Truman Crawford must have had the same mindset. Yinz know, Don, flaming is on the way. Don't mean this to get back into the Bb vs. G thingee. (but........just think where the Cabs would be if.........oh nevermind) :lookaround:

i know we opened up another can of works.................OMG!!!! :lookaround:

Well of course it would. :lookaround: I think any corps scoring at the upper levels would love to win since it is within reach and it's a delightful validation. But for anyone to base their goals on winning is plain ridiculous.

Absolutely correct. If the goal is first place only, then 10 corps would be "losers." And we know better than to EVER say that! It's not a matter of settling for second best or tenth best or any particular place. Every corps knows that there is nothing you can do about the other corps performance and scores. Your objectives for the winter, the week, the season, and even the practice session should be set in clear, observable, measurable terms. "Today (this week, this season) we will......." Then at the end YOU evaluate if you reached those objectives and then adjust your objectives for the next (whatever).

In baseball, football, hockey, and basketball (even chess) it's ALL about winning...... there is NO defense in drum and bugle corps (thankfully, although I wonder what it would look like).

Joe

Have to Agree with you on that Liz. Less than a point is not exactly breathing room. NOW.....put Hurcs on "G" Horns and see that gap disappear. Just sayin.............(same for Cabs)

Hmmm.... I have yet to see any valid justification towards using G horns to improve a group's brass score. Not to say that a group with G brass could not win percussion.

Because its a complete wash in tone quality and intonation? Watched Bucs the past two years... never thought Empire (or anyone) were louder than them.

This was only the first read of the Kilties by a DCA panel. And if I'm not mistaken all the judges were from out East,with the exception of Cecil Austin.

They have 3 more shows (before prelims) to improve on last night.

I'm looking for a" KILTIE Push."

Well... they came into Prelims last year in 9th place, but could not hang on to it. Hopefully this year will proved different for them. It appears many groups have improved from last year.

Hmmm.... I have yet to see any valid justification towards using G horns to improve a group's brass score. Not to say that a group with G brass could not win percussion.

How about Empires 2008 win on high brass??