Did The Blue Devils set a new record tonight?

I did some minimal research (mainly checking the corps that have scored very high 98's or broken 99 at finals) and it seems like BD may have achieved the highest score ever given out prior to quarter finals. Can anyone confirm this, and maybe state the previous record holder?

Also, is this setting devs up for receiving the all time high score record? (maybe even 99+ all weekend?)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will Definitely be over 99 by semi's I think there quarters score will be 98, but after that its basically going to be 99-100, though with the score from tonight, they are gonna be really really really close to 100

WOW look at some of these scores. of course it will be over 99 unless they drop several at championships a few points. When you score , lets say 8th-12th close to 90 or above like some did tonight there is no choice than to push 1-5 through the roof...oooo well just numbers.

Good luck to all

take a look at relative scores, the next corps in competition was Boston and every show jumped over a point in 2 days or less.....the score will be down at quarters.....can I see 99 at finals? maybe, but if that happens I see the entire top 4 or 5 over 97 or even maybe 98

Spreads.

That is all.

Spreads.

That is all.

Yes, and Boston Crusaders up 1.95 vs. Blue Stars up 0.4 with season high scores of 90.95 and 90.75 respectively...now that is interesting!

I did some minimal research (mainly checking the corps that have scored very high 98's or broken 99 at finals) and it seems like BD may have achieved the highest score ever given out prior to quarter finals. Can anyone confirm this, and maybe state the previous record holder?

This was my first thought when I saw their score last night. It looks to me like 97.05 is a regular-season record. I checked back through 1984 - there are tons of 96.x scores, all the way back to the 80s, but no 97s.

As I said in another thread. Score inflation after Allentown is artificial........ and nearly predictable. However, this is the first time we've had 5 corps scoring in the 94-95 range at Allentown. It reminds me of 1985 Semifinals .......

1 Garfield Cadets ................ 96.200

2 Santa Clara Vanguard........ 96.000

3 Blue Devils........................ 95.900

4 Madison Scouts.................. 95.60

5 corps within 0.6 of each other heading into finals night

Finals Outcome:

1 Garfield Cadets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 98.400

2 Santa Clara Vanguard.........97.200

3 Blue Devils.........................97.100

4 Madison Scouts...................95.000

What a difference a day makes!!!!!

Cadets and Santa Clara tied at 97.1 on 8/10/85...I think that's the only other instance of a corps breaking 97 before championship week

Edited by JMS0527