Who would you pay to see..

Whou would you choose >>  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pay to see if both were competing the same night ??

• Blue Devils
    • Madison Scouts

And...?

The Blue Devils are the Blue Devils!!!!!

Agreed. But they haven't been around since 1938 like the Scouts have. Sometimes I just get in the mood for history and tradition.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. But they haven't been around since 1938 like the Scouts have. Sometimes I just get in the mood for history and tradition.

But they have been around. Not all corps are born in the same year. BD started in 1957.

Simple. If next July 8th Madison Scouts were at a show vs Blue Devils at another show...who would you rather pay to see ?

G

Frank Sinatra, if he was still around. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

Self Explanatory

G

At this point, I would much rather see a high quality, innovative, and original show than a dirtier show with music I've heard a lot from drum corps. That's by no means meant as a slight to Madison, but given the recent history of the two corps I would MUCH rather pay to see Blue Devils in 2011 than Scouts.

If you are implying if we'd rather see the "World Series" drum corps (or G7, or whatever they're calling themselves), if all of the top corps are at one show, and all of the "lesser" corps (lesser ONLY being used to describe competitive placements and better execution) at a different show, I would choose the top corps every time. To me, it's all about the show dynamic: I want to see as many higher placing corps as possible at a show, no matter what their off-field politics are.

To be completely honest, it's been awhile since I've paid to see a live drum corps show (either I've not gone to any live shows in a season, or gotten into a show for free helping a corps, knowing show sponsors, etc); if memory serves I haven't paid to see a show since the 2006 season. My opinion probably ins't too valid, as I've only seen less than five shows over a six year/season span. I have watched almost every live streamed show via Fan Network, and I typically watch every show performing. Chances are I wouldn't pay to see either corps next season due to one reason or another

At this point, I would much rather see a high quality, innovative, and original show than a dirtier show with music I've heard a lot from drum corps. That's by no means meant as a slight to Madison, but given the recent history of the two corps I would MUCH rather pay to see Blue Devils in 2011 than Scouts.

If you are implying if we'd rather see the "World Series" drum corps (or G7, or whatever they're calling themselves), if all of the top corps are at one show, and all of the "lesser" corps (lesser ONLY being used to describe competitive placements and better execution) at a different show, I would choose the top corps every time. To me, it's all about the show dynamic: I want to see as many higher placing corps as possible at a show, no matter what their off-field politics are.

To be completely honest, it's been awhile since I've paid to see a live drum corps show (either I've not gone to any live shows in a season, or gotten into a show for free helping a corps, knowing show sponsors, etc); if memory serves I haven't paid to see a show since the 2006 season. My opinion probably ins't too valid, as I've only seen less than five shows over a six year/season span. I have watched almost every live streamed show via Fan Network, and I typically watch every show performing. Chances are I wouldn't pay to see either corps next season due to one reason or another

I am glad you will get that option, but you do realise it won't be drum corps anymore? They are adding the rest of the band instruments, so it will be the world series of band competition. Drum corps will continue with the other less greedy corps.

I am glad you will get that option, but you do realise it won't be drum corps anymore? They are adding the rest of the band instruments, so it will be the world series of band competition. Drum corps will continue with the other less greedy corps.

What makes you think that the others arent in favor or the new instruments? just because they are against the G7 proposal doesnt mean they are against new and different things coming in to Drum Corps or think Drum Corps needs to be changed

I love it when people just completely make #### up and state it as a fact

Actually, when the original G-7 proposal leaked the 'brass' caption had been replaced by a 'winds' caption.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/975367/Do%20Not%20...G7%20Report.pdf

Page 41. See for yourself... Why do you think that change was made?