No Indy? Where ya goin' for quarters?

I saw something about John Madden providing commentary along with Rondo and DeLucia on DCI's website? Can anyone confirm this or is it a different John Madden?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deer Park 16 in Deer Park IL

Went to AMC 24 here in Houston... I wanted to smack every single high schooler in that room. But mainly this one girl who kept calling me an *** hole for telling people to shut up. I am happy they shut up during the top 5 but seriously the disrespect makes me worried about the future of musicians. One thing that they did also was that they were laughing at one of the members of the pit from the Glassmen... Just because he was playing with emotion... really? But overall it was ok when I was able to get over the fact that i'm here for the show not to yell at kids.

I saw something about John Madden providing commentary along with Rondo and DeLucia on DCI's website? Can anyone confirm this or is it a different John Madden?

John Madden

Associate Professor of Music, Associate Director of Bands, and Director of Michigan State University Marching Band

FMM Phantom Regiment, soprano soloist

Garry in Vegas

Went to AMC 24 here in Houston... I wanted to smack every single high schooler in that room. But mainly this one girl who kept calling me an *** hole for telling people to shut up. I am happy they shut up during the top 5 but seriously the disrespect makes me worried about the future of musicians. One thing that they did also was that they were laughing at one of the members of the pit from the Glassmen... Just because he was playing with emotion... really? But overall it was ok when I was able to get over the fact that i'm here for the show not to yell at kids.

The guy sitting next to me was obviously a drummer, because any drum feature had his undivided attention. The girl next to him, however, wouldn't shut up. I finally asked her if she really paid $18 to talk to her friends when she could do it for free outside. That's when she stopped talking...all the time.

Funny comment from the guy next to me. The USMA Hellcats were on and I was playing along to "Three Camps" on my knee. He said, "Are you a Hellcat?!?!?"

Overall a pretty responsive and well behaved crowd.

Garry in Vegas

The guy sitting next to me was obviously a drummer, because any drum feature had his undivided attention. The girl next to him, however, wouldn't shut up. I finally asked her if she really paid $18 to talk to her friends when she could do it for free outside. That's when she stopped talking...all the time.

Funny comment from the guy next to me. The USMA Hellcats were on and I was playing along to "Three Camps" on my knee. He said, "Are you a Hellcat?!?!?"

Overall a pretty responsive and well behaved crowd.

Garry in Vegas

Great comment Garry. I'll have to remember that line.

I attended at the Edwards in North Fresno. It was a very respectfull crowd as usual even with clapping for good performances. If there was any surprise for me it was the response for both SCV and BD. Normally, a group of us cheer SCV and when BD comes on the crowd erupts but for a change it was about equal. There was a very good response when they mentioned Key Poulan as the Vanguard Brass Arranger. Key has lived in this area for many years and I am sure is known by most of the crowd.

I guess we can un-pin this now. Thanks, Bawker!