Blue Devils' surprise at Buffalo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is they smash all the mirrors on the last note. :) :lol::rolleyes::shutup: :shutup:

If they really wanted a GE moment they would throw Lil Jeffery through a plate glass window! I hope they plan on using breakaway glass finals night otherwise it's just cheezy.

If they really wanted a GE moment they would throw Lil Jeffery through a plate glass window! I hope they plan on using breakaway glass finals night otherwise it's just cheezy.

These quotes from good old Stan are right on the money. He probably would have advised against a Drum & Bugle Corps playing Avant Guard music.

Look at the faces in the crowd during a BD performance...lots of people with that Deer in the headlights look, just begging to be entertained.

If I cant whistle the tune, I dont want to hear it on the field.

I find myself whistling their show quite often.... maybe that's why I like it so much. :lol:

So the surprise is that the drum major runs from Side 1 through the entire hornline to Side 2 where he's confronted by a group of guard members who grab him and throw him behind a mirror as they make the broken glass sound effect again. Pretty lame, although I love some of the music changes that have happened recently.

You forgot to mention the part about after they throw the drum major behind the mirror, another drum major gets thrown out from behind another mirror about 10 yards away.... so it looks like the drum major was instantly transported 10 yards. I thought the effect was awesome, and perfectly portrayed the "distorted reality theme." Also, it must be extremely difficult to pull off the timing of this stunt to make it look "right."

You forgot to mention the part about after they throw the drum major behind the mirror, another drum major gets thrown out from behind another mirror about 10 yards away.... so it looks like the drum major was instantly transported 10 yards. I thought the effect was awesome, and perfectly portrayed the "distorted reality theme." Also, it must be extremely difficult to pull off the timing of this stunt to make it look "right."

Oh, they didn't show the other drum major coming out on the other side tonight. They kept the camera locked on the mirror the drum major is thrown behind. That does sounds cooler now that I know what is supposed to be happening. Hope they show it tomorrow night so I can catch it.

Interesting. As noted, they didn't show this in the theater. Now, if only the guy coming out of the oher mirror was in a classic/throwback uniform...with all the bits from older shows, that would be cool.

Yeah, they didn't show it at the quarters telecast but I found that out from one of my friends later. My bad.