Already Back from the Theater

I went 2 years ago and have not been back since. I dont plan to either.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in chandler/ahwatukee AMC, sound was great, I'd give them a B could have been a little louder but much better than previous years. Packed house for the first time. Everyone for the most part courteous after each corp. except after BD's score was announced.

During Phantoms show the bando's stood up and yelled something not audible drowning out most of their pre-entrance music.

I really don't like the BD huddle after the show. Great for the corp not so much for the fans.

Highlight of the evening besides the great performances were the choice shots of some of the corp members, sweaty cracks, tongue kisses, and the Ace Ventura guy got some good laughs.

All in all, (IMO) the best year in quality drumcorp regardless if BD wins by 4-5 points.

I am not even that picky. I just want to hear it loud and in stereo. I am not sure what in the world is going on, but I could only listen to one corps from the Atlanta regional, as well.

The sound and picture quality at my theatre was amazing - and it was really f**king loud - after I went and spoke to the manager!

We had generally good sound and picture. Sound was clear, with good volume, but it did sound like the pits were miced up a little too much (not sure if that was the fault of the broadcast or the corps). Only problem I noticed with the picture was some exposure problems with blownout whites, especially with PR. Decidedly better than two years ago though.

I went a few years back in Dallas (off 635 near Garland). My problem then was the screen had a slight blur. It was ever so slight, but by the end of the night, I had a rip roaring headache. Never again.

The quality was pretty good at my theater and I'm a audio/video snob. Even if they're recording in HD, there has to be some kind of theoretical bitrate limit that they can broadcast from the stadium. I'm not sure how uniform the quality can be around the country with different setups at different theaters, etc.

At the Orlando, pleasure island theater...the quality both visually and acoustically were amazing...

Sorry to hear that. I was at the AMC Hoffman in Alexandria, VA. We missed the Troopers and part of Colts because the satellite signal was lost but the theater staff promised refunds and said any movie we wanted to see that night was on them. The feed came back halfway through Colts show and the video quality was excellent. They jacked up the volume right before Glassmen and the quality on that was amazing as well. If anything, the sound was almost too loud, which was definitely not the experience I expected after reading past reviews.

It was a great time, and I would definitely go back again if I were given the opportunity. Sorry not everyone's experience was as good.