Hate

No she never did... Had she she would have expressed all things positive and ignored all things negative as she did in all aspects of her life... You probably should have met her! lol :lookaround:

Holy Cow, San Jose Raiders ?

Those were some fun shows to watch ! :laughing:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a LOT of "hatred" on DCP this year (almost to epic "RAMD levels").

I can't for the life of me think why anyone would "hate" a drum corps. Granted, I have my favorite corps that I like more than others, but I honestly can't think of a drum corps I "hate".

:lookaround:

I haven't seen anyone saying they hate a corps. Plenty of folks are complaining about certain shows or certain rule changes, and often they use the word "hate" or even get upset about it, but I don't think anyone who "hates" most of the shows a certain corps puts on would say they "hate" the corps itself, and I certainly haven't seen anyone doing so.

Holy Cow, San Jose Raiders ?

Those were some fun shows to watch ! :laughing:

Thanks for the props Mike! That was really nice although, I was one of the "Baby Bridgemen" era of the SJ Raiders rather than the "Cheerios" on the arms latin raiders that came shortly after I moved on...

:lookaround:

As for OP: I totally agree. I think it is perfectly alright for people to dislike a show. However, I think people should try and break down why. What is it you dislike? The drill, the music, the arrangement, etc.

I'm not sure. Lots of times there are shows I like or dislike for no rational reason. I think it's fair to come here and express that without having to go back and analyze things. Certainly an intellectual discussion of the finer points of a show is valuable, but it's not the one true way to judge a show.

I'm not sure. Lots of times there are shows I like or dislike for no rational reason. I think it's fair to come here and express that without having to go back and analyze things. Certainly an intellectual discussion of the finer points of a show is valuable, but it's not the one true way to judge a show.

Agreed, The one true way to judge a show is to become a judge! :lookaround:

The problem is, most people just don't post they dislike a show, it is more like"man does that suck" or "that's the worst thing I ever saw/heard" They are ruining Drum Corps" Then the battle begins. So it's just not posting an opinion of a show or even pointing out what or why you dislike something.

A few other things.......bear with me, i hate long posts

Why in an activity that is so diverse ( or should be) we have some of the most closed minds?

Why in activity that some of the biggest promoters of BROTHERHOOD are the 1st one to pull the kitchen knife out on BROTHER?

Why in activity that claims to have been inventors of all that's good in the activity RUN from EVERYTHING when it's time to look ahead and re-invent?

Why in an activity that claims to be creative turn a snobbish nose up at new or different?

Why in acitvity that claims to want diversity in WC and not all look alike " Hate" When it's done?

Why in an activity that fosters growth for young people and education suddenly stop when it's an adult?

Why in an activity that marches around a field twirling and playing are so snobbish and evil when called a band? Personally I think that's funny and always have.

Why in an activity that HAD to get through many obstacles over the years to survive ( MANY POSTERS) feel that todays leaders cant do the same.

Why in an activity that promotes free thinking slaps the mouth that doesn't agree?

Why in an activity do we love watching these wonderful shows BUT only with many if it's done the way we want.?

Why do we feel after we did our marching time that what we did was the best and should stay that way or that we OWN rights to this activity till the end of time.

My Psych. background says maybe just all human nature

Just a few whys to think about. I am not looking for a debate either, just thoughts. :thumbup:

The problem is, most people just don't post they dislike a show, it is more like"man does that suck" or "that's the worst thing I ever saw/heard" They are ruining Drum Corps" Then the battle begins. So it's just not posting an opinion of a show or even pointing out what or why you dislike something.

Why in an activity that is so diverse ( or should be) we have some of the most closed minds?

Why in activity that some of the biggest promoters of BROTHERHOOD are the 1st one to pull the kitchen knife out on BROTHER?

Why in activity that claims to have been inventors of all that's good in the activity RUN from EVERYTHING when it's time to look ahead and re-invent?

Why in an activity that claims to be creative turn a snobbish nose up at new or different?

Why in acitvity that claims to want diversity in WC and not all look alike " Hate" When it's done?

Why in an activity that fosters growth for young people and education suddenly stop when it's an adult?

Why in an activity that marches around a field twirling and playing are so snobbish and evil when called a band? Personally I think that's funny and always have.

Why in an activity that HAD to get through many obstacles over the years to survive ( MANY POSTERS) feel that todays leaders cant do the same.

Why in an activity that promotes free thinking slaps the mouth that doesn't agree?

Why in an activity do we love watching these wonderful shows BUT only with many if it's done the way we want.?

Why do we feel after we did our marching time that what we did was the best and should stay that way or that we OWN rights to this activity till the end of time.

Just a few whys to think about. I am not looking for a debate either, just thoughts. :thumbup:

Great thoughts!!

Could it be that as fast as life is changing for most of us, DC was the bridge from childhood to being an adult. We know things in our childhod are gone but the more that "bridge " changes the more we are forced to look at our own age and the prospect of being OLD. Lets face it, most of the shows on TV are trash, most of what we are buying with our hard earned money is trash that falls apart or breaks way too soon. As most of us walk down that path to the future we have fewer and fewer things to rely on other than what we experienced on that "bridge". When that bridge is replaced with some new fangled thing it frightens us in ways we don't even understand. We refuse to chat with people about how we miss the OLD Tonight Show with Carson because it's not the hip[ thing to do. Like lemmings we watch the stupidity of the cookie cutter late night shows and long for a time and place where we are comfortable. With game changing shows like BD & Cavies, many people feel as if their comfort zone is being yanked out from under them leaving them confused and threatened.

This is NOT the way to the Piggly Wiggly ! I know how to get there and this is NOT the way.