Hate

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to disagree with you my good friend. This is one thread that needs to stay OPEN!!!!

All he's suggesting is what many of us believe...rumors, slander and 2nd hand information have ruined corps reputations and although it may stimulate yet another Jerry Springer moment...but maybe that's why they tend not to be managed by the mods a much! :lookaround:

Hey I have no problem with the thread, but the mods might because we all know what this is going to lead to.

The tenor on here is overwhelmingly negative.

It's getting harder and harder to avoid it, but there are decent people to talk to on here if you look hard enough.

Absolutely right.

...rumors, slander and 2nd hand information have ruined corps reputations

Oh really, which corps' reputations are "ruined"? Isn't this is little bit of an overstatement?

This is another type of "negativity" which breeds hate ... calling drum corps "marching bands" brings out negative feelings and a type of hatred ("we are NOT a marching band").

PLEASE ... let's have a meaningful discussion on this topic, and keep this thread on the issue at hand.

Thanks!

I was commenting on the topic at hand...

It says something about the nature of this board when calling a corps a "marching band" (what 99% of the population sees us as) stirs up hatred. I'll end it there though. This'll be a fun topic to watch, don't close it! :lookaround:

I agree with the OP... My grandmother used to tell me that if you do not have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all... frankly many of the folks who are engaging in the NEGATIVE discourse are old enough to have heard this concept and also remember that the world was a better place before Jerry Springer and his antics! :lookaround:

It's amazing the amount of hate and political drama you can stir up just talking about marching bands.

Yes it is. And when I jump over to the marching band forum I'll keep that in mind. In the mean time I'll continue to read the Drum Corps pages here.

(See what I did there?)

Hey I have no problem with the thread, but the mods might because we all know what this is going to lead to.

Yes,... it's going to lead to even MORE intolerance of differing opinions. The hate on here for those that have contrary opinions to our own is incredible.If someone likes a show we think is boring beyond belief, why is there this compelling need to hate that fan for liking something that we dislike ? If that person wants to be all sunshine and lollpops all th time, fine. If that sunshine and lolipops fan ( for example ) likes an angry theme from a Corps that plays abrassive music or has a theme filled with angst, sorrow, frustation conjuring up images of borderline insanity, let that happy, sunshine and lolipops fan enjoy that show theme filled with discord and rife, and anger.

The negativity toward other fans this year is palpable, imo. What has happened to the tolerance and diversity of opinion acceptance ? It seems to me that if somebody doesn't agree with our views, some of us want to villify that poster for not having a view that is shared by us. Disagree with tha poster, sure. But calling somone that disagrees with you a " hater " only brings the discourse down, and reflects poorly on the person that leveled that charge, while offering no reply of worth other than juvenile name calling like calling someone " a hater " because their views don't reflect our own. Just sayin'.

Edited by BRASSO