Hate

Then the original post should probably have been logical and rational. It's too late now.

He doesn't get A Second Chance?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to say but IMO it is a sign of the times that we live in. Why change the already set precedent? I've been coming to this forum for years well before my DCP profile. The hate is way more vocal now here. BUT...I find it a little comical that you actually reference RAMD. Why would you think sentiments have changed all that much from that time? Have we really evolved past that? I really don't think so. I only started to post in 2008/09 (a few times) and this season probably posted a record amount personally. I've sat on the sidelines reading many times stuff that got under my skin and just kept to myself. I think the difference now is people are willing to just vocalize more than previously and doing it publicly. Many discussions here are very polarizing. It has taken me a very long time to set aside my personal prejudices over the last 25 years and to not get irritated at other peoples arguments. I'm probably wrong more times than right. I say if whoever wants to hate than so be it. I respect BRUTAL honesty. After all, I can always ignore it.

Yes, unfortunately it is a sign of the times.

The sentiments have NOT changed ... only the venue! RAMD was taken over by haters and with the advent of forums and the decline of the Usenet, people have moved to DCP.

I do believe that postings on DCP have "ramped up" over the past few years WRT going from "don't care for" to "dislike", and more recently "hate" ... which is a sign of the times, as you can see by nasty anonymous postings on every site on the internet that allows it.

I respect honesty, but not BRUTAL honesty. I would hope that people could voice there opinions (and even vent) in an intelligent and respectful manner ... but alas, is NOT our world.

I would really and honestly think if someone were "BORED BEYOND BELIEF" by a show that they would not take the time to post it somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 to 50 times OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN... Please count the number of YOUR (no matter who you are) negative posts regarding show design about ONE particular corps... If that post count exceeds 3 or 4 you are putting a HATERS amount of effort into your oh so poor bored whatever it is! Now maybe I am wrong but please enlighten me to the logic of #####ING TO HIGH HEAVEN about something that you were wholly unimpressed with.

Harumph! :lookaround:

This is where I don't get the exaggeration and overreaction to make a point. I havn't seen a single poster on here saying they dislike a show that a Corps does more than a few times. It is simply incorrect that anyone has said something they dislike about a Corps show " somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-50 times OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN ". There is no evidence of this. Plus you are shouting this inaccurate observation at us that lessens even more the unconvincing point you are trying to make.

What if a person says" over and ove and over again" that they love a Corps show ? Is that as annoying as well to you ? And if not, why not ? What's the difference ? There have been plenty of fans on here that have repeatedly said multiple times how much they love a Corps show. Sometimes I love that show too, sometimes I find that show boring. But in either case, I don't have this compelling urge to scream at them, get annoyed with them, or call them " a hater " because they like ( or dislike ) some Corps show where their opinion on it is different than mine ( or others on here ). If the poster likes a Corps show and wants to say it multiple times over and over and over again how much the love it, whats wrong with that ? that's cool. They should be able to do so without recriminations for simply expressing their opinion on a Corps show. Seriously. I see nothing annoying, hateful or intolerant about that at all.

Edited by BRASSO

What if a person says" over and ove and over again" that they love a Corps show ? Is that as annoying as well to you ? And if not, why not ? What's the difference ? There have been plenty of fans on here that have repeatedly said multiple times how much they love a Corps show. Sometimes I love that show too, sometimes I find that show boring. But in either case, I don't have this compelling urge to scream at them, get annoyed with them, or call them " a hater " because they like ( or dislike ) some Corps show where their opinion on it is differnt than mine ( or others on here ). If the poster likes a Corps show and wants to say it multiple times over and over and over again how much the love it, whats wrong with that ? that's cool. They should be able to do so without recriminations for simply expressing their opinion on a Corps show. Seriously. I see nothing annoying, hateful or intolerant about that at all.

I love hearing postings about people loving a corps! :lookaround: That is being a fan, and not annoying to me! To find someone positive about this activity, and showing it is great ... that's what it's all about!

I don't even care if a person has a different opinion than mine ... that's life. And they have every right to post something about their opinion. Abd I'm not calling a person a "hater" because they have a different opinion.

This thread is about something different. It is about all of the mass "negativity" that we're seeing on DCP. It's about those posters who are saying things like "I hate <insert corps name or group of corps names>".

As supersop says ... it's about respect.

This is where I don't get the exaggeration and overreaction to make a point. I havn't seen a single poster on here saying they dislike a show that a Corps does more than a few times. It is simply incorrect that anyone has said something they dislike about a Corps show " somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-50 times OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN ". There is no evidence of this. Plus you are shouting this inaccurate observation at us that lessens even more the unconvincing point you are trying to make.

What if a person says" over and ove and over again" that they love a Corps show ? Is that as annoying as well to you ? And if not, why not ? What's the difference ? There have been plenty of fans on here that have repeatedly said multiple times how much they love a Corps show. Sometimes I love that show too, sometimes I find that show boring. But in either case, I don't have this compelling urge to scream at them, get annoyed with them, or call them " a hater " because they like ( or dislike ) some Corps show where their opinion on it is different than mine ( or others on here ). If the poster likes a Corps show and wants to say it multiple times over and over and over again how much the love it, whats wrong with that ? that's cool. They should be able to do so without recriminations for simply expressing their opinion on a Corps show. Seriously. I see nothing annoying, hateful or intolerant about that at all.

Truly the reaction I would have expected from this poster...

Oh really, which corps' reputations are "ruined"? Isn't this is little bit of an overstatement?

Yes, a bit! But like all things DCP, reputations are scared and healed depending on where in the rankings a corps finds itself!

In any case, it's destructive and perhaps good for our little coffee klatsch here but not for the corps. We've had a couple of bad ones this year and even in the last 24 hours....real trash!