The Official DCI Finals Lounge

[/quote

Just wait 25 years and we will be talking about how wonderful BD 2010 was!

Not a chance. I cant imagine anyone cranking 2010 BD in the car like we used to do with 1976 BD.

If you were trying to explain drum corp to a novice & played the 2010 BD CD for them, do you really think they would want to run out & buy tickets to a drum corp show?

Edited by FlamMan

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you coming down on me? I just said what I saw watching the fan network, it did NOT appear to phase them, they were relishing in their win.

I can't even imagine how she would have felt seeing 80% of the stadium empty out in Montreal :smile::ph34r::thumbup:

Congratulation Blue Devils! Whether or not people booed or cheered, the victory is always sweet, and the beer will be just as cold!

I agree, It's not right to boo just because you disagree with the ending, just clap..or better yet leave if you don't like the outcome

I agree. The booing by the fans at Indy here toward the DCI Champion Blue Devils is distasteful, rude, and is a sign frankly of being ill bred. It's one thing to maybe think a show is boring beyond belief, but it's quite another to boo the Champion like this.

[/

Not a chance. I cant imagine anyone cranking 2010 BD in the car like we used to do with 1976 BD.

true that... :thumbup:

Does it matter how it appeared? It was wrong to boo. Every corp out there worked to give their best performance tonight. If people don't like the show, then send an email to the powers that be to express your concerns about design and music choices because the performers do not control that aspect of their corps. I personally loved Crown and Blue Devil's Show, Blue Knight's and the Academy's Music, but scoring is based on what the expectation the captions of the sheet and we may not agree with results, but booing the kids. That just shows some were not taught basic performance etiquette, exhibiting a real lack of class.

Congratulations to all the corps, Open and World!! Thank you for making this a very interesting and enjoyable season. I look forward to seeing and hearing what you have next year!

Marching Music's MAJOR LEAGUE. I boo when a ref makes a bad call. I boo when an ump misses the tag. I boo when there's a penalty in hockey. I boo when my ex wife pulls in the driveway (wait that's not major league .. just major bummer).

I'm making a point (even though I don't agree with it). This is a classless system in America (unless you live in the Hampton's or someplace like it). So, why the call for everyone to be classy? Let them get their boo on. It's not like they can complain to the BD staff any other way. The people booing aren't supporters of that organization anyway and definitely aren't sending checks to them.

It's not like it was one loud mouth in the stands being a doof .......... it was enough people to be heard without mistake. Just like here on DCP. It's not one person causing a scene ........... there's a good percentage of people here on the Planet that didn't care for the BD offering this year either and have made point of posting about it (myself included). Most of them are also the firsts to post "I loves me some BD" (myself included). But that was yesteryear ... not what's going on now.

I think everyone has been pretty clear this year that it's not about BD winning ... it's about the show itself and where it's going from here. So, some idiots opened their mouth and booed. Big whoop. It's still America and that's their right. Kids or no kids as performers ............. and if it really meant that much to the activity to not boo in the presence of kids ... the designers would actually think about what their creating before they ask a kid to perform it and expect a warm welcome and a standing ovation.

NIGHT DCP! See you for the 2011 season (if there still is one ............)

I noticed that last night. Typical.

BD has worn rings outside their gloves since you were marching. The medals, which many corps were sporting tonight (and this afternoon in Open Class) are finalist medals from previous years.

And for the record, the Syracuse Brigadiers also wore rings outside their gloves during their DCA domination a decade ago.

Edited by Kamarag

I agree. The booing by the fans at Indy here toward the DCI Champion Blue Devils is distasteful, rude, and is a sign frankly of being ill bred. It's one thing to maybe think a show is boring beyond belief, but it's quite another to boo the Champion like this.

It is the BOA Crowd..... plus, BD has been booed before, they can handle it. I think the shimmer of their medals distracts them from the booing.

(CaliforniaDCfan, Aug 14 2010, 10:04 PM)

They just said BDB went undefeated.

FALSE.

SCVC beat them!

(FlamMan, Aug 14 2010, 09:05 PM)

Really? When did SCV beat BD this year?

Paramount, CA...But now are we also going to pick on the Open Class also. By the way, BDB's show was amazing. Some might want to check it out on VOD because it is already up!

Congrats Blue Devils "A" and Blue Devils "B" on your golds....great season. To all the corps, have a safe journey home. Already looking forward to next year! :thumbup: