BD versus Cavaliers...

Corps of the decade  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the corps of the decade?

• Blue Devils
    • Cavaliers
    • Tie

For those curious, these are the top 12 corps based on placements for the past decade (2000-2009):

1. The Cavaliers 1.9

2. Blue Devils 2.1

3. The Cadets 2.9

4. Phantom Regiment 4.6

5. Santa Clara Vanguard 5.1

6. Bluecoats 6.8

7. Boston Crusaders 7.9

8. Carolina Crown 8.1

9. Blue Knights (tie) 10.1

9. Glassmen (tie) 10.1

11. Madison Scouts 10.8

12. Crossmen 11.9

Spirit is 13th (13.1) (honorable mention)

Would one of you want to do my taxes or get my checkbook straightened out ?

I hated all forms of math both in school and as an adult, and am in wonderment at people who do this kind of #### for fun.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would one of you want to do my taxes or get my checkbook straightened out ?

I hated all forms of math both in school and as an adult, and am in wonderment at people who do this kind of #### for fun.

Hater! LOL :lookaround:

Cavies took 1st 5 times this decade, BD only 3. Oddly enough, they both placed 3rd and 4th exactly the same number of times (2 3rd places, 1 4th for each).

And 2010 is not part of the 00's decade, so we're starting over now.

Decades run from years ending in 1 through years ending 0. The calendar started in year 1 AD, not year 0 so the first decade ran from 1 AD to 10 AD., etc.

So the Cavies have won 4 titles to BD's 3 with the a potential fourth of the decade for the Devils or fifth for the Cavies coming tonight. The Cavies 3-peat doesn't count for this decade since one of those wins occurred in the previous decade.

Decades run from years ending in 1 through years ending 0. The calendar started in year 1 AD, not year 0 so the first decade ran from 1 AD to 10 AD., etc.

So the Cavies have won 4 titles to BD's 3 with the a potential fourth of the decade for the Devils or fifth for the Cavies coming tonight. The Cavies 3-peat doesn't count for this decade since one of those wins occurred in the previous decade.

Oooooooo the plot thickens... Now if it turns out that after all the math is straightened out that BD is the corps of the decade, I wonder where this thread will go! LOL

This is a good point, and you are quite correct.

I'll adjust my sheet accordingly when I have a moment.

Cavies, easily

Cavies, easily

I don't know... If you take that threepeat away and one of the wins... The ballgame has changed! :thumbup: Go Big Blue! lol

I'm going with Cavies on this one, as the Cavaliers do have more titles, and they laid the groundwork for BD's success later on in the decade. In this case, you have to reward the master, not the student.

I just figure that the Cavies three-peated, went undefeated once, set the record score first, and won 5 championships in 7 years

Not even the Blue Devils can boast 5 championships in a decade...3 in the '70s, 3 in the '80s, 4 in the '90s, 3 in the past decade

So was 2000 part of the 1990s?