Carolina Crown's 2011 show?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A corps comes in second place and then does a show the next year called "Second Chance" and people are surprised that it is interpreted as a second chance at the title? You don't exactly have to be a moon landing hoax conspiracy theorist to come up with that one.

I personally think they should have just named the show "Jinx" and been done with it. :thumbup:

I'm a recent convert to a Crown fan in the past couple of years and I cringed when I heard the name of the show. It was a cocky thing to do. That's fine but you have to be ready to back it up. It's kind of like guaranteeing a win in the Super bowl. Its legendary if you pull it off but it gives your competitors some good stuff to put up on the bulletin board.

Anyway. That's my suggestion for next years name. "Jinx" At least then you're having some fun with it.

A corps comes in second place and then does a show the next year called "Second Chance" and people are surprised that it is interpreted as a second chance at the title? You don't exactly have to be a moon landing hoax conspiracy theorist to come up with that one.

No, you probably don't even have to be a graduate of kindergarten to come up with that one. In fact, I suspect the application of logic would rather get in the way. :thumbup:

Even if the accusation were true, it's "cocky" to think they have a chance? That's strikes me as kind of demeaning. Can't have no uppity Crown folk thinking they have a chance. I'm beginning to think they would need a theme like "No Chance Whatsoever" to be acceptable to some people.

Can't have no uppity Crown folk thinking they have a chance. I'm beginning to think they would need a theme like "No Chance Whatsoever" to be acceptable to some people.

Here's why:

haters_gonna_hate1.gif

:thumbup:

Even if the accusation were true, it's "cocky" to think they have a chance? That's strikes me as kind of demeaning. Can't have no uppity Crown folk thinking they have a chance. I'm beginning to think they would need a theme like "No Chance Whatsoever" to be acceptable to some people.

It's not cocky to think you have a no hitter going in baseball or to think you are going to blow out the other team in the super bowl either. You just don't talk about it until the game is over. :smile:

I personally think they should have just named the show "Jinx" and been done with it. :whistle:

Wow - This one made me spit coffee on my keyboard! Awesome! :smile::tongue::blink:

It's not cocky to think you have a no hitter going in baseball or to think you are going to blow out the other team in the super bowl either. You just don't talk about it until the game is over. :tongue:

When I see an official pronouncement by Crown that they expected to "blow out" the Blue Devils then I will join you in your conclusion at least so far as to say whoever is responsible for such pronouncement is arrogant. Otherwise, the analogy is irrelevant and the need to rely on it suggests the weakness of the accusation.

I simply choose not to condemn an entire organization and impliedly insult the character of all its members based on a flimsy rationale that is contradicted by logic and my own observations. I believe in showing that level of fairness to all the corps.

I know, I probably came to the wrong place. :smile:

I simply choose not to condemn an entire organization and impliedly insult the character of all its members based on a flimsy rationale that is contradicted by logic and my own observations.

If you took that from what I posted you're just making stuff up in your head and then getting mad at me for it. :smile:

Crown was probably my favorite corps this year. I'm pretty sure the corps members didn't get a vote on the name of the show and I'm not challenging the character of anybody. I think whoever named the show screwed up. The hype for this show was incredible and the name of the show added to it and in the end I think the organization kind of looked silly for all the hype. It was a rookie mistake. The Blue Devils didn't name their show 14 and then try to come up with some sort of explanation after the fact claiming that it was because the show had 14 distinct sections or 14 mirrors. They just showed up every day and outperformed everybody else.

You live, you learn, and hopefully you don't repeat the same mistakes.

I love Crown, but sometimes I feel like there shows can be interpreted as making them better than everyone.

07-- Winning the Horse race

08-- Having the best endings, being the Finale

09-- Start Crown, go Cavaliers (green...some hyperbole of bent leg technique, rainbow), but realize Crown is better

10-- Second chance at winning

Not saying that this is what their shows are about, but they can be interpreted that way.

When I see an official pronouncement by Crown that they expected to "blow out" the Blue Devils then I will join you in your conclusion at least so far as to say whoever is responsible for such pronouncement is arrogant. Otherwise, the analogy is irrelevant and the need to rely on it suggests the weakness of the accusation.

I simply choose not to condemn an entire organization and impliedly insult the character of all its members based on a flimsy rationale that is contradicted by logic and my own observations. I believe in showing that level of fairness to all the corps.

I know, I probably came to the wrong place. :smile:

THIS!!! :blink:

The Blue Devils didn't name their show 14 and then try to come up with some sort of explanation after the fact claiming that it was because the show had 14 distinct sections or 14 mirrors.

Well, they did name last year's show 1930 ...

1 + 9 + 3 +0 = 13

SCANDAL!!! :tongue:

Edited by CMFC4Ever