Carolina Crown's 2011 show?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! I LOVE Dr. Jager and his works!

I have never been fortunate enough to meet Dr. Jager, but colleagues have told me that he is a class act, through and through. I love Third Suite. Unfortunately, the way drum corps is now, the transparency of the composition would probably be completely destroyed in order to create high GE Music judge scoring. [debbiedowner.wav][/debbiedowner.wav]

I have never been fortunate enough to meet Dr. Jager, but colleagues have told me that he is a class act, through and through. I love Third Suite. Unfortunately, the way drum corps is now, the transparency of the composition would probably be completely destroyed in order to create high GE Music judge scoring. [debbiedowner.wav][/debbiedowner.wav]

Are we talking Robert Jager? I played one of his works in college (Variations on a Theme of Robert Schuman) and have always wanted to do it on the field...and if I arrange it, it'd be fairly unwatered.

Presenting their 2011 show, "3 strikes and you're out!"...

ouch ...baseball was done by Cavies already!!!!

3rd Xs the Charm!

Program selections include:

Third Suite by Jager

Three's Company by Charles

Marcia Funebra from Eroica by Beethoven

Langsam—Ruhevoll—Empfunden from 3rd Symphony by Mahler

No! Let's go for something that will highlight their fabulous musicality and dynamic emotions - like "Carmen" or "Paso Dobles"

YES! I LOVE Dr. Jager and his works! I was lucky enough to talk to him a few brief times during undergrad and he (and his wife Dr. Sally Crain-Jager) are the most genuine and amazing individuals you will ever meet. They've housed students in their own home so that the students could afford getting a degree. Really awesome people!

YES! The greatest theory teacher ever! And one of the warmest people you could meet. He was part of a wonderful experience at Tennessee Tech.

How about "Show without the ugly uniforms or a title with a blatant implication we're going to win"

Edited by Wadep66