Carolina Crown's 2011 show?

I have heard that the show is already picked! Something about some trouble coming to this little city by the arrival of a billiards table.

Should be interesting!

:thumbup:

pick-a-little, talk-a-little, pick-a-little, talk-a-little CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP talk-a-lot pick-a-alittle-more

LOL I hope it's true, I would love to see them do something whimsical again

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pick-a-little, talk-a-little, pick-a-little, talk-a-little CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP talk-a-lot pick-a-alittle-more

Hmmmm...sounds a lot like DCP, don't you think? :thumbup:

How about a show with no theme or story? Just great music and marching. I am so tired of trying to figure out the friggin story line that is usually presented by a couple of guard members that make no sense.

Entrance

Production

Concert

Drum Solo

Finale

Just good old fashioned Drum Corps.

I am so tired of trying to figure out the friggin story line that is usually presented by a couple of guard members that make no sense.

Then don't. Story's there for those who want it; for those who don't, it's almost completely ignorable.

That's the whole point.

"CMFC FOREVER! FTBD!" :sad::thumbup:

I would have thought Crown would try hard to prevent these silly acronyms from being used by their own members, but sadly this is not the case. It's very classless to use profanity in reference to other corps, and I'm shocked Crown members and their fans stoop this low.

How about a show with no theme or story? Just great music and marching. I am so tired of trying to figure out the friggin story line that is usually presented by a couple of guard members that make no sense.

Entrance

Production

Concert

Drum Solo

Finale

Just good old fashioned Drum Corps.

I'm sick of that show structure, but I see the point you're trying to make.

I didn't see a program this year, but I believe Crown's show wasn't supposed to have a story. Just a theme of sour grapes throughout.

I love how this thread started off as a gentle poke and quickly turned into a design meeting :) DCP'rs are such band nerds!

Hey, work with us. It's what we do. :sad:

I would have thought Crown would try hard to prevent these silly acronyms from being used by their own members, but sadly this is not the case. It's very classless to use profanity in reference to other corps, and I'm shocked Crown members and their fans stoop this low.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS! :sad: You wouldn't believe how many corps have nicknames and acronyms for other corps.... ask the several corps what FTC means. Ask Star of Indiana to sing you the song about the Cavaliers. It's called rivalry and it drives competition....which people still enjoy even though there is little competition these days.

Go read a book if you can't handle a little "sporty" trash talk! ....and WHATEVER YOU DO....never become a fan of a sports team, geez :thumbup:

I'm sick of that show structure, but I see the point you're trying to make.

I didn't see a program this year, but I believe Crown's show wasn't supposed to have a story. Just a theme of sour grapes throughout.

Well then, you have ZERO credibility and therefore should just stop posting about all things 2010. You are the one with sour grapes my friend. Enjoy that WHINE and cheese

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS! :sad: You wouldn't believe how many corps have nicknames and acronyms for other corps.... ask the several corps what FTC means. Ask Star of Indiana to sing you the song about the Cavaliers. It's called rivalry and it drives competition....which people still enjoy even though there is little competition these days.

Go read a book if you can't handle a little "sporty" trash talk! ....and WHATEVER YOU DO....never become a fan of a sports team, geez :thumbup:

From what I heard, the SCV alums weren't entirely happy when the NorCal BD/SCV alum were practicing the end of "Free" in 07....since the end tag was from ther end of "T.O." and the words were "F...the...Vanguard."

But then they blew it off and worked together.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS! :sad: You wouldn't believe how many corps have nicknames and acronyms for other corps.... ask the several corps what FTC means.

I know what FTC means.

Well then, you have ZERO credibility and therefore should just stop posting about all things 2010. You are the one with sour grapes my friend. Enjoy that WHINE and cheese

I meant a $5 book that describes each corps' history and current show. I've seen the Top 17 shows, some 2-4 times. I know what I'm talking about (though I may not be right).