Carolina Crown's 2011 show?

I love Crown, but sometimes I feel like there shows can be interpreted as making them better than everyone.

07-- Winning the Horse race

08-- Having the best endings, being the Finale

09-- Start Crown, go Cavaliers (green...some hyperbole of bent leg technique, rainbow), but realize Crown is better

10-- Second chance at winning

Not saying that this is what their shows are about, but they can be interpreted that way.

Don't forget 96, when they won the chess game.

And 99, which suggested that beneath their non-threatening Dr. Jekyll like demeanor lurked a Mr. Hide poised to destroy everyone else.

Or 03, in which clearly they were saying the bell tolled for all the other corps.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Phantom 08, the stabbed drum major represented the Blue Devils.

In Madison 95, the boxes the guard was dancing on each had the name of a competing corps engraved on the top.

In Cavies 10, the rifle sight set was clearly pointed at the Blue Devils.

In SCV 89, the disappearing Phantom represented the hopes and dreams of all the members of competing corps.

In Boston 09, the apple being bitten into is actually the heart of Dan Acheson.

In Cadets 91, the kid who can't find a girlfriend is a diss at Will Cook.

Don't forget 96, when they won the chess game.

And 99, which suggested that beneath their non-threatening Dr. Jekyll like demeanor lurked a Mr. Hide poised to destroy everyone else.

Or 03, in which clearly they were saying the bell tolled for all the other corps.

No no, our show was simple that year. Dr. Jekyll (or good) represented our 6th place guard that year, and our Paul Rennick drumline and our slightly improved brass section over the previous 2 seasons. Mr. Hyde (or evil) represented our non-ability to march or clean drill. :tongue: You guys read way too much into things :smile:

I like how everybody trying to debate me on this does nothing but set up straw man arguments and then knock them down. :smile:

That's because straw will at least stand up if you lean it on something, whereas your own arguments were as flimsy as noodles. :tongue:

Ok, now I know I'm just being trolled. :smile:

I'm out.

Or they could open with Nielsen Symphony No. 3... (turn this up LOOOOOUD!)

They could morph into whatever they want...but the could (should) come back to this amazing work for a classic old-school cyclic reentry -

Sounds good. Could be interesting on the field.