Pioneer changes

I have no idea about their inner workings, but I think they need to do SOMETHING. They had a great show this year, and they just never were able to "light the fire" and have the show take off. They should be able to do better, and I'm all for them doing whatever it takes to improve. Pioneer is a great corps.

Did RB really fire the only staff member to move the corps forward or were Don Allen's actions so egregious he warranted a dismissal?

?

A rather charged and loaded question- what did he do that was so 'egregious'??? You may answer your own question.

Did RB really fire the only staff member to move the corps forward or were Don Allen's actions so egregious he warranted a dismissal?

?

Hope not! Donny made tremendous improvements in Pioneer's music presentation. A fan friendly show. Pioneer has the opportunity to build on this season's achievements. Hopefully players will return next year to help elevate their standing in DCI.

Clearly Pioneer needs a higher quality staff. I'm not sure Roman is willing to give up design control though. I know a few people who have backed away from Pioneer because of the no guys allowed in the guard. It's hard for someone to turn this corps around with the restrictions put on them.

Edited by PioneerLeadSop

I talked to a few people. It's no secret that Donny was very passionate about this show - it was his baby.

I hope they continue to look forward and put the right people in place for the corps 50th anniversary in 2011.

By the way, Roman turned 69 this year.

69 ain't old. I mean, he looks to be healthy. He'll be around for another 10 years, easy.

Perhaps a little late (just getting back home from Indy), but is Donny out at Pioneer?