Rules Change proposals for DCP-I XV

Proposal: Reinstate 2-day (prelims and finals) Focus shows during the regular season.

Rationale: In the last few seasons, the schedule has moved away from 2-day long competitions at focus shows in favor of single day events. With the high volume of corps at these events, it makes more sense to go back to the prior format. Plus, it's fun to say "My corps made finals at this event"- there's a bit more prestige involved.

Submitted by: Matt Briddell, director of Kadence.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proposal: Reinstate 2-day (prelims and finals) Focus shows during the regular season.

Rationale: In the last few seasons, the schedule has moved away from 2-day long competitions at focus shows in favor of single day events. With the high volume of corps at these events, it makes more sense to go back to the prior format. Plus, it's fun to say "My corps made finals at this event"- there's a bit more prestige involved.

Submitted by: Matt Briddell, director of Kadence.

Hey.... We agree on one.

Hey.... We agree on one.

What's that they say about these things?

broken-clock.jpg

Yeah, thats a pretty easy one to do.

Proposal: During odd-seasons, instead of picking a corps/year combo for each caption, we can take an average finish for the last 5 real years and have that as the basis for a corps' captions. The year generated for a corps would be based on random selection by the system.

Rationale: No more selecting just "the best" and riding them out. Makes off-season a bit more realistic, and allows for some more random finishes.

Effect on the activity: Mystre doesn't jump from 30th to 5th in finals week. :tongue: Actually, gives rookies a chance to play without feeling overshadowed by the greatness that is Mystre, Kadence, The plethora of Knights, and the Lakers. :tongue:

Submitted by: Toby, Great Lakers/WYAA

Just a note, this proposal is not being voted on because it would take a significant amount of programming to do this. Sorry Toby.

Also, for this year... no polls... just post your vote.

Having not been in any previous off-seasons, the full impact of some of the proposals are beyond my current knowledge. I will place votes on those that I do understand and hope the rest will result in both fair and challenging changes for all directors, veteran or n00b. :tongue:

Just a note, this proposal is not being voted on because it would take a significant amount of programming to do this. Sorry Toby.

I'll just pull a Hop and propose it again next season. :tongue: