Scranton show

well look who fit in between bucs an empire!!!and look at alliance............WHOA!!! now this is getting good.

Yeah, there is some hope for an exciting finish. It seems DCA Finals never disappoints, but I have to be honest... I was expecting a better score from the Vigilantes. They came out so strong last year that I felt like they were going to be really solid out of the gate this year. Hopefully it was just a rough run and they can come back with a better one Sunday. The 8 point gap between them and Govies seems daunting, though.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have wondered that as well... though in all fairness, I it could be different people. People that are vocal about Empire may not be the same ones who are anti mirrors and what-not.

I think to some degree youre right although I ve seen the same posters doing it also...many times,,, thats what i dont get...lol

Jerry Kelsey and Jim Steele (and Al Chez) know how to bring the lumber :) I like a person that goes out on a limb with a comment like "may be the best in DCA or even DCI". Cant wait to see it in Rochester :)

Maybe I should have put the sarcasm disclaimer in my "Wow" post, as I've seen and heard them, and IMHO it would be hard enough claiming that for DCA, but to include DCI is just plain funny... so, Wow </sarcasm>.

To each his own, I guess. I just don't get them. Never did. I guess many think "book" as in brass only. In which case, it is good, but not so much to stake claim as best in both circuits. For me, however, the generic term "book" includes everything. And in that, not a chance.

More power to those who love them. Just isn't my cup of tea.

This is only my opinion (flamesuit on for the homers), but they are to drum corps what "Drumline the Movie" is to competitive marching percussion. With the disclaimer of THIS IS MY OPINION.

Edited by fahquad

Maybe I should have put the sarcasm disclaimer in my "Wow" post, as I've seen and heard them, and IMHO it would be hard enough claiming that for DCA, but to include DCI is just plain funny... so, Wow </sarcasm>.

To each his own, I guess. I just don't get them. Never did. I guess many think "book" as in brass only. In which case, it is good, but not so much to stake claim as best in both circuits. For me, however, the generic term "book" includes everything. And in that, not a chance.

More power to those who love them. Just isn't my cup of tea.

This is only my opinion (flamesuit on for the homers), but they are to drum corps what "Drumline the Movie" is to competitive marching percussion. With the disclaimer of THIS IS MY OPINION.

hey that's cool. we all have our opinions. it's healthy. but i am a homer so ya know where i'm coming from. you shouldn't have to wear a flame suit. that's what this forum is for. trust me i've been set on fire many times. :cool:

So question: a, little off topic but maybe you can answer. I never got why people like Empire ( great hornline, i will give them that ) But hate BDs mirrors, Cadets Little Jeffery, and so on. People , many on here HATE all the distraction as they put it but yet love the antics and distractions of Empire, and man they have had alot in their day,

Im not judging either way, I just find it funny and a bit of some kind of a double standard. Or is it that more people want their Jr. corps more serious than all age. hmmmmmmm either way its interesting...lol

I should have taken a quick poll last night at the Scranton show as to why people like Empire! They had the biggest ovation of the night! Believe it.....it happened. I will go out on a limb and say people like Empire because they are very entertaining and love what they do. They look like they are having fun when they perform and it shows! Maybe they are not your cup of tea?? That is fine. Why do you past 3 posters feel the need to dump on them ALL the time? It really comes off as whining.

There were a couple shows last night that I just "didn't get" either and what people saw in them? But guess what? I stood up for every one of those groups and applauded their efforts. One person sitting in front of me said the Statesmen show was "beyond fabulous".......I guess there was more than one Empire fan there last night :)

The Cabs alumni were AMAZING!

I should have taken a quick poll last night at the Scranton show as to why people like Empire! They had the biggest ovation of the night! Believe it.....it happened. I will go out on a limb and say people like Empire because they are very entertaining and love what they do. They look like they are having fun when they perform and it shows! Maybe they are not your cup of tea?? That is fine. Why do you past 3 posters feel the need to dump on them ALL the time? It really comes off as whining.

There were a couple shows last night that I just "didn't get" either and what people saw in them? But guess what? I stood up for every one of those groups and applauded their efforts. One person sitting in front of me said the Statesmen show was "beyond fabulous".......I guess there was more than one Empire fan there last night :)

uh ....excuse me i didn't dump on them or anyone else for that matter. what the hell are you talking about???? :cool:

uh ....excuse me i didn't dump on them or anyone else for that matter. what the hell are you talking about???? :ph34r

Don you snuck a reply in before I posted. You know I wasn't talking about you :)

Don you snuck a reply in before I posted. You know I wasn't talking about you :)

i couldn't fiqure out what i said. all is cool. i mean i get flamed all the time but i know when it's coming. :cool:

I should have taken a quick poll last night at the Scranton show as to why people like Empire! They had the biggest ovation of the night! Believe it.....it happened.

It is true that that Empire's ovation was by far the most intense of the night. And it was a partisan Bucs crowd. I think some of it was due to the music familiarity-who doesn't know "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"? Another part of it was that there were a lot of families with smaller kids-alot for children to enjoy & parents to appreciate. I also think it is attitude. With a campy show like that Empire's designers probably realized they weren't going to knock off the Bucs, but that they would capture the crowd, and that's exactly what they did.

It is true that that Empire's ovation was by far the most intense of the night. And it was a partisan Bucs crowd. I think some of it was due to the music familiarity-who doesn't know "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"? Another part of it was that there were a lot of families with smaller kids-alot for children to enjoy & parents to appreciate. I also think it is attitude. With a campy show like that Empire's designers probably realized they weren't going to knock off the Bucs, but that they would capture the crowd, and that's exactly what they did.

Oh and I forgot to add: the big brassy sound. Empires 40 some brass sounded like 60.