Madison Scouts 2011

We've removed a few posts from this thread.

Reminder:

If you have an issue with a particular poster, please take those issues to PM. Do not intentionally bait or troll other members.

Don't try to get around the language filter, either.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Thanks,

-Mgmt. :smile:

What, no Darth Maul this time. :worthy: You gotta bring that back. :cool:

Edited by thirdcoast

So i'm thinking Scouts guard went from 15th ish to 8th to 2011 top 5 (or top 4).

We will revisit this... :music:

• Like 2

I don't think the transition needs to have people feeling alientated. I have

always felt that you can do fresh material that is layered with modern theatrics

and themes while maintaining power and excitement. For me, a couple

perfect examples are 2009 SCV and 2008 Phantom. Those shows were both very modern, but

had a ton of musical drama and entertainment that most audiences went nuts for.

I trust Mason and company are very capable of creating that type of balance with

the Madison Scouts, and I don't think they will have to forsake the audience as they

strive to please the judging community. But you have a point on how some might cope.

I know people who want nothing but Malaguena or MacArthur's Park from the Scouts, yet

if they went ahead and did those charts again, those same people would whine and complain

that the arrangements aren't perfectly the same as the versions they played. I say go for it

with new material...and do it with style and excitement and I will be pleased.

We have known about this for what 3 weeks Jeff, right? What was your first reaction to the news? I will let you answer that. I have stewed on this also and I am all about going along for the ride no matter what they play. You know me, I am a homer. The MADISON SCOUTS RULE! I listen to more Mushroom Hunters and Harlem Suite than any Malaga or Malaguana. I also just went thru new in 07, 08, 09, I know where NEW is, I was there. I also know that the brand that they talk about was brought back in 2010. They talk about the brand not me, it never left if you were involved in any of those years, its just something they preach now. So...I am all about the brand, we will see next weekend at camp. LIVE! Thats the plan, then we will have something to talk about. Until I see it with my own two eyes, its all talk. Nice picture by the way, how much?

So i'm thinking Scouts guard went from 15th ish to 8th to 2011 top 5 (or top 4).

We will revisit this... :music:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised! :thumbup:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised! :thumbup:

I would. Madison's guard already finished two spots ahead of the corps proper (and a strong argument can be made that Boston and PR have been particularly weak in the guard caption lately) . I don't see them beating SCV, Blue Stars, or Cadets -- there's just a substantial difference in the performer and the book. IMO if the Scouts move up this season, the rest of the ensemble will have to catch up to the guard first.

I would. Madison's guard already finished two spots ahead of the corps proper (and a strong argument can be made that Boston and PR have been particularly weak in the guard caption lately) . I don't see them beating SCV, Blue Stars, or Cadets -- there's just a substantial difference in the performer and the book. IMO if the Scouts move up this season, the rest of the ensemble will have to catch up to the guard first.

That is a legit point. and IMO

Its not a matter of IF, its a matter of WHEN...... Scouts hornline are growing with talent im sure, and matureity. I remeber watching them early in the season, and then seeing a complete different hornline on finals night.... To take 15th place talent, and make a 10th place corps, with 8th place guard,... this is what is going to blow my mind, 10th place talent with the same work ethic from last year it shall be amazing....

The Scouts' guard actually beat Blue Stars' guard on at least one occasion last year. I think it was mid-season, but still, I see it as a possibility.

If anyone's got catching up to do, it's the percussion section.

Scouts colorguard were able to beat VANGUARD AND BLUE STAR DURING 2010.. This is a fact... from a guard one year prior was 15th and lower.. That's an amazing jump..

And 2010 was only "year one" with the dream team guard staff.. Look what the staff did for 2011 SCV at WGI and Carmel H.S.... Gold and Gold.

Staff is on a roll..

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

Scouts colorguard were already beating both Blue Stars and SCV during 2010 season... so I can see it.. I already have. And 2010 was only "year one" with the dream team guard staff. ( Look what the staff did for SCV at WGI and Carmel H.S.... Gold and Gold metals... and we can add on the Tony Award nods).

Drums are gonna make a big push this season too...

I appreciate your enthusiasm but stand by my previous post.

As for last season...

Scouts and guards above...

2011%20scouts%20guard.png

Scouts and guards below...

2011%20scouts%20guard%202.png

Looks to me like the guards above Madison showed a clear separation most of the season. But the Scouts guard didn't show any separation from the guards below them.

Edited by corpsband