Fan Network Videos from Finals Question...

I am talking about the high cam view here. Just the high cam view. And the DVDs have been substituted for several years now at the whim of the production folks. They want the best performance reflected in the DVDs/videos. This is a common practice.

What I am asking about is RIGHT NOW. At this moment, I can go to FN and choose the High Cam view of Crown. It's not pretty. Not Ryan's fall itself, but his efforts to get back up. It's just tough to watch.

Good point. Look at Crown 2007. On the CD, Kelly fracked (a small frack) her solo in the ballad, but on the video, it's perfect. Guess they just replaced that audio.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Look at Crown 2007. On the CD, Kelly fracked (a small frack) her solo in the ballad, but on the video, it's perfect. Guess they just replaced that audio.

I personally think DCI should ask the injured member if he wants the videos edited or not.

yeah...agreed.

Also, Regiment's Flugel player nailed it finals night, but had a couple of small issues during semis. I hope they use the finals night performance for him.

So for those listening out there in Fan Network/DVD/BlueRay land....

Crown = semis performance

Regiment = finals performance

Um...

Why would they put anything other than the finals performance for regiment? Lol, just seems weird. I could list mistakes that were made in every other corps for semis.

Also, DCI can edit in the semi performance during the fall section and edit then switch right back for the rest of the show. It doesn't have to be all or none. Blurring out sections of the show or adjusting the frame would just look terrible.

There may be camera angles that would be suitable as well. They could be sneaky with the way they select the multi-cam angles and avoid editing all together.

I personally think DCI should ask the injured member if he wants the videos edited or not.

Agreed. It is extremely difficult to watch. I almost got physically sick in the stands replaying what I saw in my head. I think it should ultimately be something the editors and Ryan decide. With the limited experience I have with editing, it wouldn't be extremely hard to replace the high cam with the semi's performance and any other necessary shots. As long as the tempos are very close and the cameras are calibrated the same way night to night, it shouldn't really be noticeable. Post production can do wonders.

Not a new idea....the 83 record of SCV was semi's not finals.

I know that...

But, if the semis was worse than finals--- why worry that they won't select the finals performance? Kinda weird..

If they can replace the footage of the BD mello player that missed a step-off in 2007 on finals night (multi-cam), they will do the same for Crown 2010. And I am sure they will do that for the high cam also. I'm sure there's no need to worry, except on FN for now.

In this case yes, find a different angle, however I'm still bothered about DCI changing the BD 07 footage. 1993 had numerous falls, especially the Cavies. No editing done. That was the final performance on the Video, Broadcast and DVD. Let's not try to advocate for this activity to be more mainstream and then when an imperfection occurs, let's erase it from History. You don't see that in other competitive idioms. SCV had some minor solo miscues 1989, no change in the Final Cut.

Edited by Jeffe77

In this case yes, find a different angle, however I'm still bothered about DCI changing the BD 07 footage. 1993 had numerous falls, especially the Cavies. No editing done. That was the final performance on the Video, Broadcast and DVD. Let's not try to advocate for this activity to be more mainstream and then when an imperfection occurs, let's erase it from History. You don't see that in other competitive idioms. SCV had some minor solo miscues 1989, no change in the Final Cut.

I believe the end decision rests with the corps themselves.

This!