Fan Network Videos from Finals Question...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another option. For the highcam only angle, they could easily put a small blur over Ryan from the time he falls until he get out of frame. It's very easy to make that blur move according to where you want it to go so that is another easy option.

Madison in 02 didnt have the Magic player going down, so I am sure they can do whatever they need to for this year

Yeah, it did, complete with crowd roar when he got back in the show. Heck, I didn't even know that happened until I saw the DVD, wondered what was so great about that moment when listening to the CDs.

I know I'm playing the bad guy here, but it happened. In fact i was two rows from the field and it happened almost directly in front of me, it was horrible to watch and i felt horrible for him. But the fact remains that he fell/ got hit/ missed a step off/ or whatever actually happened during the show and there is no changing that. They won't put it in the multi-cam which is what most(i know not all) people watch anyway

Can't they just tighten the shot a little for that part, since it happened down on one end?

I hope they don't substitute anything for finals night, especially sound-wise, because I thought they really nailed it on finals night and with awesome energy, and the crowd was bigger and louder and more intense.

Can't they just tighten the shot a little for that part, since it happened down on one end?

I hope they don't substitute anything for finals night, especially sound-wise, because I thought they really nailed it on finals night and with awesome energy, and the crowd was bigger and louder and more intense.

Having done a lot of video editing myself, yes that is possible. I mean, you might run into some pixelation if you have to enlarge the video too much, but you can slowly enlarge it and slowly take it back out as Ryan gets farther and farther out of the actual frame.

Edited by CMFC4Ever

The last two minutes just rips my guts every time. It is so painful to watch.

Would anyone mind if it was substituted with the semis performance instead?

While I feel bad for Ryan and I really do. I would also be upset if they edited anything to be honest. I'm happy with the way it is. That's WHY its supposed to have at least a live feeling and not seem just like a recording. Things do happen. Every time I watch my final age-out performance I have to watch the contra fall down. He stepped on my foot in the opening set! Do you think it bothers me to watch my corps video and watch the contra fall down every time? Of course it does, but it just happened. So I just deal with it. I think a few are just making too much over this, but at the same time I understand your compassion about it.

While I feel bad for Ryan and I really do. I would also be upset if they edited anything to be honest. I'm happy with the way it is. That's WHY its supposed to have at least a live feeling and not seem just like a recording. Things do happen. Every time I watch my final age-out performance I have to watch the contra fall down. He stepped on my foot in the opening set! Do you think it bothers me to watch my corps video and watch the contra fall down every time? Of course it does, but it just happened. So I just deal with it. I think a few are just making too much over this, but at the same time I understand your compassion about it.

If he had just fallen down and gotten back up and continued on, no one would be talking about this. It was a gut-wrenching ordeal that lasted a long time and if it is in the shot the whole time, it will be a major distraction from the show we were intended to see. The show went on to finish magnificently, and I think all the kids including Ryan would want us to be able to enjoy it as intended. That's something they worked for all summer.

If they can replace the footage of the BD mello player that missed a step-off in 2007 on finals night (multi-cam), they will do the same for Crown 2010. And I am sure they will do that for the high cam also. I'm sure there's no need to worry, except on FN for now.

Edited by bccadet09

I sympathize with Ryan fully and I am so sorry that he went down like that, but I do NOT want the Finals performance substituted for the Semifinals performance. There are better ways to get around not showing that. All they have to do is make sure to do some editing to make sure that the camera angle they're showing does not show him falling. That's all they need to do. If they do substitute it for Semi's, I might end up asking for my money back because it's supposed to be the Finals performance. I'm not trying to be heartless here, but there are definitely better ways to get around not showing his fall or anything else. Just don't show any camera angle where you see him after the injury.

I am talking about the high cam view here. Just the high cam view. And the DVDs have been substituted for several years now at the whim of the production folks. They want the best performance reflected in the DVDs/videos. This is a common practice.

What I am asking about is RIGHT NOW. At this moment, I can go to FN and choose the High Cam view of Crown. It's not pretty. Not Ryan's fall itself, but his efforts to get back up. It's just tough to watch.