Just watched Star '93 again...

That's got to be one of the HOTTEST guards I've ever seen.

Did they have some sort of physique requirement or did everyone end up looking so ripped because of the work they were required to do?

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

That's got to be one of the HOTTEST guards I've ever seen.

Did they have some sort of physique requirement or did everyone end up looking so ripped because of the work they were required to do?

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Well, look how (I'll use a colorguard term here) fierce they are whipping those flags, especially during Dance of Vengeance.

It's gotta be something in the water in the mid-west. Year-in, year-out Phantom always has one of the most attractive guards, and this is going back 25+ years. (Check out Phantom 96 in those red dresses.)

I'll say this, and not in reference to Star '93 because I never saw them live, but you should be wary of judging a color guard's attractiveness from the stands. A lot of them are fifty-yard fake-outs. Everyone's tan and skinny in the summer, so when someone says a guard "is hot" they often just mean that their uniforms are particularly flattering from the stands.

I do remember them looking very muscular back during that season. The unis let you see their whole arms up to the shoulder, though, that may have had something to do with it. They did look a little bit more 'cut' than the average guard--like they were hitting the weight room on practice days.

Edited by monoemono

It's gotta be something in the water in the mid-west. Year-in, year-out Phantom always has one of the most attractive guards, and this is going back 25+ years. (Check out Phantom 96 in those red dresses.)

Which reminds me: I just watched Phantom's 1997 show for the first time. Is that the same drum major as in 1996, albeit in more revealing garb?

Yeah, that's Kristy Spears.

Thanks! I love the emotion on her face at the end of the 1996 performance.

Thanks! I love the emotion on her face at the end of the 1996 performance.

We'll pretend that she wasn't a total diva. :tongue:

Can't beat girls that know how to work with an 8 foot metal pole. :tongue: