DCI Ageout Class of 2010

So I counted in the Cadets 2010 ageout photo and there were 40 out of 150.

Now I heard from one guy that Bluecoats had a ton of ageouts (not gonna say how much).....anyone else know from other corps?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velvet Knights had 3 this year :innocent:

Now I heard from one guy that Bluecoats had a ton of ageouts (not gonna say how much).....anyone else know from other corps?

I remember seeing the ageouts coming out onto the field and seeing the mass amount of Bluecoats in the back of the line. Easily 35. Probably more.

I wasnt at the ceremony but finals night there sure were a lot of SCV members wearing green feathers

So I counted in the Cadets 2010 ageout photo and there were 40 out of 150.

Cadets has the smallest amount of age-outs in years. Hopefully all the members go back and the staff takes advantage of that and gives them a great vehicle (not that this year wasn't great, but something that will make them feared next year).

I wasnt at the ceremony but finals night there sure were a lot of SCV members wearing green feathers

Seriously! I was literally "wowing" out loud looking at them all during the pre-show chorale.

Seriously! I was literally "wowing" out loud looking at them all during the pre-show chorale.

It's funny, my buddy who came with me to finals asked why so many of the members have green feathers and some do not. When I told him that meant they were aging out, he asked me if they would have any members left next year lol...silly newbie...

Edited by 2000Cadet

It's funny, my buddy who came with me to finals asked why so many of the members have green feathers and some do not. When I told him that meant they were aging out, he asked me if they would have any members left next year lol...silly newbie...

Haha.. that's funny. Always entertaining brining newbs to the show. :tongue:

The real question isn't the number of ageouts so much as it is the quality of those replacing them. Losing 30+ people to ageing out can really hurt if the replacements the following year aren't up to snuff.

This is, I believe, one of the many factors to BD's consistency over the years...a lot of BD ageouts came from other corps...sometimes following a championship year (2 Cadets that I can think of....I marched with one).

Sure there are those who age out with no corps experience prior to BD (me), but I have to think the percentage of people who go to BD to age out with is fairly high...both in quantity and (more importantly) quality. That minimizes the loss of those prior ageouts.

I made note of that too... but almost all in the brass. I think out of 12 snares and tenors there were only 3 age-outs. Two more basses, and 5-6 in the pit. Potentially returning 18-20 in the drum line next year lets us know what section might be leaned on for SCV in 2011.