Pioneer

Re:

Respectfully I disagree. And I am the one who is right. Remember my example about not teaching kids to stay in the forms properly. Go watch Pio on youtube in 08, 09, or 2010 and you will easily see the result of not teaching kids how to march properly. While your spot is very important, were I marching If I were in the middle of a form I would stay in that form even if it ment not being in my proper spot. No judges have drill sheets. A judge might not know if you are in your correct spot, but he will know if you are out of the form every time. A mnm instructor has to train his students what to do in real show situations. This is properly training each student what to do if problems happen in the show [ forms ] , there are things that you must do, and things that you must not do. If a student does not know what to do - how to react when mistakes happen, mistakes will multiply.

Um, no. Go ask the Cavaliers and Santa Clara how marching to the dot works for them..... What it comes down to is level of instruction, level of talent, and level of commitment. And Pioneer exists because the director and board of directors love Pioneer. They want it to exist, they can do what they want with it. When you run a corps, you can run it however you want to. Let the corps director do his job. All I say is GO PIO!!!! Show everyone what you can really do. I'm excited to hear Four Scottish Dances and Holst back on the field. More power to them.

Without Donny Allen I wonder if Pioneer will have much more than 30 horns this summer?

I think more members might leave because of Donny leaving Pio than anything else.

Donny's show in 2010 was excellent, but with Pio's buses breaking down on the road, again, Pio was unable to have much time to practice the week before / of finals which resulted in the corps performing lower than many of use expected.

Ok,Ok its the DA thing that has you all bent out of shape, nothing I have seen on these posts or anything I have seen him post is tearing down the Corps, actually he has been pretty positive about the Corps so this is old news. He does not want words said by others as he has said in this thread, and everyone I guess but you have stood tall with what he asked. You know there are a bunch of other Corps that have had bus problems over the years and I am sure that Roman and company are going to rectify all the issues. Thats what they try to do every year. If this Corps does not have 30 horns well then you can call me an ###, but until you know for sure lets try to keep the 2011 year positive. I have been pretty tame (REAL tame) with all the nasayers on this thread and everyone that pms me about why I am pumping the PIONEER, I have no other reason than wanting to see a Drum Corps who has been around for a really long time do better, the kids deserve it. Hell Roman deserves it. Being positive gets a whole bunch more done than being negative. I would like to here some of the positive things that happened with you and PIONEER?

p.s.- Want to bet that PIONEER has more than 30 horns this year?

Um, no. Go ask the Cavaliers and Santa Clara how marching to the dot works for them..... What it comes down to is level of instruction, level of talent, and level of commitment. And Pioneer exists because the director and board of directors love Pioneer. They want it to exist, they can do what they want with it. When you run a corps, you can run it however you want to. Let the corps director do his job. All I say is GO PIO!!!! Show everyone what you can really do. I'm excited to hear Four Scottish Dances and Holst back on the field. More power to them.

um...the guy who invented how SCV marches taught me how to march...who taught you?

" go to the dot" in a show even if you go out of the form ...I am afraid not, this is not what you do in a show. What you do do is know where that dot is, and attempt to go to the dot, if you can do so while staying within the form.

FSU bone who are you? What corps did you march in?

I once spent a week with the Cavies, I have sat in their staff meetings before...you are wrong.

Better every day does not just = participation every day...or being a teaching corps...it means being better on the field because DCI is a competition. The job of a DCI instructor is to prepare students how to win DCI. Corps compete in DCI to win.

Edited by Howdy

Ok,Ok its the DA thing that has you all bent out of shape, nothing I have seen on these posts or anything I have seen him post is tearing down the Corps, actually he has been pretty positive about the Corps so this is old news. He does not want words said by others as he has said in this thread, and everyone I guess but you have stood tall with what he asked. You know there are a bunch of other Corps that have had bus problems over the years and I am sure that Roman and company are going to rectify all the issues. Thats what they try to do every year. If this Corps does not have 30 horns well then you can call me an ###, but until you know for sure lets try to keep the 2011 year positive. I have been pretty tame (REAL tame) with all the nasayers on this thread and everyone that pms me about why I am pumping the PIONEER, I have no other reason than wanting to see a Drum Corps who has been around for a really long time do better, the kids deserve it. Hell Roman deserves it. Being positive gets a whole bunch more done than being negative. I would like to here some of the positive things that happened with you and PIONEER?

p.s.- Want to bet that PIONEER has more than 30 horns this year?

I will guess that on first tour Pio will have 38 horns. I could be wrong.

What Pioneer needs to do is to make better choices every day because what Pio has done in the past is not working. It is not just the DA thing, go back and read my 2010 DCP posts about Pioneer and they will look very similar to what I am saying today.

Pump up Pio all you want to, without real change Pio [ on the field] will continue to drift in the wrong direction.

Hat's off to Roman. I wish him well.

Edited by Howdy

um...the guy who invented how SCV marches taught me how to march...who taught you?

" go to the dot" in a show even if you go out of the form ...I am afraid not, this is not what you do in a show. What you do do is know where that dot is, and attempt to go to the dot, if you can do so while staying within the form.

FSU bone who are you? What corps did you march in?

I once spent a week with the Cavies, I have sat in their staff meetings before...you are wrong.

Better every day does not just = participation every day...or being a teaching corps...it means being better on the field because DCI is a competition. The job of a DCI instructor is to prepare students how to win DCI. Corps compete in DCI to win.

I was taught by Sly Sybilski and Chris Alexander, two former Cavaliers, both of whom have taught DCI champion corps, so I think they know what they were doing. I've marched for 4 years, two in SCVC and two in SCV. We march fully "to the dot". You do not look at the form at all. you go to your spot. If the guy next to you is wrong, then he's wrong. It's not your responsibility to worry about the people around you. Thanks for assuming you're better than people whom you know nothing about.

Maybe not everyone in DCI wants to win. Maybe they're actually there are members who do it for the experience, not the ring.

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 3

I will guess that on first tour Pio will have 38 horns. I could be wrong.

What Pioneer needs to do is to make better choices every day because what Pio has done in the past is not working. It is not just the DA thing, go back and read my 2010 DCP posts about Pioneer and they will look very similar to what I am saying today.

Pump up Pio all you want to, without real change Pio [ on the field] will continue to drift in the wrong direction.

Hat's off to Roman. I wish him well.

Nothing positive from your experiences with the Corps? There has to be something. I dont know what kind of numbers they have yet, I do know that alot of people want to see them do better and that is a start in the right direction. Thanks for letting me pump them up all I want, cause I will be.

GO PIONEER!

I was taught by Sly Sybilski and Chris Alexander, two former Cavaliers, both of whom have taught DCI champion corps, so I think they know what they were doing. I've marched for 4 years, two in SCVC and two in SCV. We march fully "to the dot". You do not look at the form at all. you go to your spot. If the guy next to you is wrong, then he's wrong. It's not your responsibility to worry about the people around you. Thanks for assuming you're better than people whom you know nothing about.

Maybe not everyone in DCI wants to win. Maybe they're actually there are members who do it for the experience, not the ring.

:thumbup:

I am a proud Pioneer alumnus that marched for the experience. It was (and continues to be) my second home.

• Like 1

I read on the Pioneer website that the local recruiting was very well received. It was a great idea to include a master class along with the presentation.

:thumbup:

I am a proud Pioneer alumnus that marched for the experience. It was (and continues to be) my second home.

Thank you. See, that's why I know we all do it. It's not about the ring or anything, it's about the experiences we have and the people we meet. In the end, the ring is just a piece of metal, while the friends and memories we make in corps are what we can hold on to forever, and what really make the difference. And this is from someone who's won a ring in the past. It sits in its box, and only comes out once a year or so, but I call up and text friends I met in corps pretty much daily.