Indianapolis Attendance

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Baseball games on TV will usually tell on air right after the seventh inning. Pro football sometimes will say on the air during the third quarter right after the half sometimes

yes they do. I love that too. At every game, I write down the attendance figure in a little notebook I keep. Then, when I get home...I enter these totals into a computer. Finally, I use Excel to create graphs and charts and I publish them on my website: http://www.thingspeoplethinkarereallystupid.net

Epic fail this topic...really...epic fail.

Indianapolis attendance would be higher if there were more restaurants open up after the champion encore. Scott, Ann, and I don't want to eat at Steak 'n' Shake every year.

Hard Rock Cafe was open and still serving. Was there and then went across the street to my hotel. Yeah, the one I own. Call me Lionel.

yes they do. I love that too. At every game, I write down the attendance figure in a little notebook I keep. Then, when I get home...I enter these totals into a computer. Finally, I use Excel to create graphs and charts and I publish them on my website: http://www.thingspeoplethinkarereallystupid.net

Epic fail this topic...really...epic fail.

We should track stadium bathroom flushes, by the quarter hour, to indirectly judge individual corps' popularity. :beer:

Pro Baseball games on TV will usually tell on air right after the seventh inning. Pro football sometimes will say on the air during the third quarter right after the half sometimes

By the way...yours is my new favorite post. And, just so you know, getting the attendance figures at all the baseball and football games is the sole reason I go. It's why I bring my trusty notebook.

Also, baseball and football games are expensive. And these are for profit companies. They make a lot of money at baseball and football games, even college football games.

They don't make as much money on drum corps events. Probably because it's like one halftime show after another to a lot of people. And most people use halftime to get a snack and to use the bathroom.

So, other than that...drum corps is EXACTLY like football and baseball games. And that's why I bring my notebook.

Hard Rock Cafe was open and still serving. Was there and then went across the street to my hotel. Yeah, the one I own. Call me Lionel.

Actually, the three of us ended up at Hard Rock Cafe, as Ram and Alcatraz were no longer serving food. When we reached the Hard Rock, the kitchen had taken its last orders, so we sat at the bar and had two rounds of drinks.

You did say it out loud! And the Rose Bowl did have some block heads that booed Cadets for "hash-markgate" and mic'd voices....grossly uncool and classless. However, the mid-west (LOS) has taken it to a new art form....they're like the WWF...to include chants outside the stadium (I didn't hear it, but it is rumored to have occured). So....possible boos and 25-30K gate or a trend of boos and 15K gate. Hmmmmmm!

turns out I know a few of the chanters. you'd be amazed if you knew where they aged out of

More people attending the Regionals, and less attending Finals, could very well end up increasing the overall aggregate of fans buying tickets to DCI events throughout the entire season as well as increasing the overall revenue for DCI. So to say that the fan interest in DCI and the DCI revenue is waning solely on the drop in Finals attendance could be a misnomer.

well...no.

DCI gets the same cut for every show a TEP runs. However, regionals and finals is all, or at least mostly all theirs.

so huge attendance at finals doe result in more money for DCI