Honor Guards-just curious

Just curious. What corps will be using an Honor Guard at DCA this year? I know Empire Statesmen, Buccs, Hurcs and Cabs for sure-who else? Most of the Alumni Corps will-they even use them in the drill.

Renegades takes pride in presenting an Honor Guard,......................for sure!

I know that you won't see too many honor guards at a DCI show because they would be counted as part of the overall membership. DCA simply skirts that issue by pretending that they don't exist even though everyone knows they do. Pretty smart move in my opinion. :tongue:

Very smart move. Why would any one want to educate kids about tradition or patriotism.

Mighty St Joes features our great guard in a flag pre and they shine every time!!!!

Cabs Alumni always has an honor guard, and our show culminates in our combined closer/color presentation.

Cabs competing corps also always has an honor guard on the field when they compete.

Thinking back over the past five or six years, I can't recall a single alumni corps that doesn't have an honor guard on the field. And some of them are written into the drill quite effectively - Scount House being one good example.

As for competing corps, there are quite a few that don't use honor guards during the season. However, many/most of them put one together for Finals.

If you recall, a few years ago the Renegades "advertised" here on DCP to put one together for finals. And I recall CorpsVets using a group of folks from another corps for an honor guard at Finals in Scranton. And I seem to recall MBI putting one together for the Scranton show last year - although I don't remember if they used them in Rochester.

Thinking back over the past five or six years, I can't recall a single alumni corps that doesn't have an honor guard on the field. And some of them are written into the drill quite effectively - Scount House being one good example.

As for competing corps, there are quite a few that don't use honor guards during the season. However, many/most of them put one together for Finals.

If you recall, a few years ago the Renegades "advertised" here on DCP to put one together for finals. And I recall CorpsVets using a group of folks from another corps for an honor guard at Finals in Scranton. And I seem to recall MBI putting one together for the Scranton show last year - although I don't remember if they used them in Rochester.

Scout House is a great honour guard and if everything lines up for Grennies at finals Scout House has agreed to lead us on. Pretty excited about that one. DLD

Edited by Grenadier eh