Bridgeport Scores

Great show.............

first off kids from england.....surprised me. in the lot their hornline was incredibly tight....

on the feild there was no shake from the trip over and awe of the crowds....their drill was really good and pulling some semi dci moves......awesome show over all

I had them 2nd.....

bush.....their entrance is really cool they add a presence to their small hornline with style.

cabs have changed a few things and are really playing to the crowd.......their guard was on tonight...

hurcs for shure had a confidence tonight that seems to have been missing....

The kids from england....are gonna turn some heads in finals.........they have a chance for top 5. they are much better than an 83...

good read...i agree totaly!....thought the brit's score should have been much higher :thumbup: ....they got stung tonight, but should inturn, have a huge impact in rochester! :thumbup:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good read...i agree totaly!....thought the brit's score should have been much higher :thumbup: ....they got stung tonight, but should inturn, have a huge impact in rochester! :thumbup:

Fish, sorry I missed you last night.

Don't understand the judges problems. KS performs, placement 1st. Bush performs, placement, KS 1st, Bush 2nd. Cabs perform, placement KS 1st, Cabs 2nd, Bush 3rd. Now the hard part for me. Hurcs perform, placement KS 1st, Hurcs 2nd, Cabs 3rd and Bush 4th.

KS was so freakin' clean it was unbelievable. As one of the Hurcs I was sitting with said, "give me whatever that drill writer was smoking!". Those guys actually march and play as one. Their sound was fantastic, and loud when needed, but balanced overall as an ensemble. Did not hear any "stick outs" the entire show.

Haven't seen recaps yet, but I had Field brass-KS, FE-KS, Percussion-Hurcs, CG-Hurcs, GE-KS.

I love me some Hurricanes, but "that's the facts Jack!"

Don't understand the judges problems. KS performs, placement 1st. Bush performs, placement, KS 1st, Bush 2nd. Cabs perform, placement KS 1st, Cabs 2nd, Bush 3rd. Now the hard part for me. Hurcs perform, placement KS 1st, Hurcs 2nd, Cabs 3rd and Bush 4th.

To be honest, this is the way I saw it too!!!!

And I LOVE me some Cabs!!!!!

Alright. Now let's take a look at where a large gap was. Percussion. Check out their pit to see a HUGE difference in both demand, technique, and musicality. Their drum line is decent, however I don't think you could compare them at all in the same league as any other of the three drum lines in attendance tonight.

A 15.2 to a 17.4 between them and Bush on the field last night.

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

Nothing new here...drum guys spread, brass guys keep it close. If that is the case Joe...it still doesnt equal ten points.

DA

Just saw the Recap sheet - certainly does not match the very positive comments from many very knowledgeable folks on this thread who were at the show - by a mile for sure and it wasn't just in percussion - KS were behind everyone by chunks across the board. Most of the judging panel were very DCA experienced so it makes ya wonder why such a major spread in assessment between fans and judges. Several of these guys will be judging in Roch next weekend so it makes one wonder - will KS pick up - hard to phantom that any panel composition would jump them 10-12 points or whatever in one week to be more competitive with the top 5 or so corps. Who knows !

I agree......KIdsgrove got ROBBED!!!!!!

Sat in front of the hornline as they did their backfield warmup of "Salvation". What a BEAUTIFUL TONE.....

They were probably the loudest corps tonight......not bad for borrowing all of the Raiders equipment!!! Their first hit knocked my socks off, and I was backfield! ANd I do believe they received the best ovation of the night.....not just because they were from the other side of "the pond", but because they were THAT GOOD!!!!!

Good luck next week Kidsgrove......you guys ROCK!!!!! :thumbup:

So Frank, you're coming out and stating unequivocally that Kidsgrove should clobber Cabs!

You heard it here folks. For Frank Ponzo to make a statement like this there must be some serious fire power from across the pond. Essentially I think that Frank is saying that the English haven't laid a beating like this on the Spanish since the destruction of the Spanish Armada in 1588 (and they needed a storm for that victory - maybe the Hurcs can help out!!!)

Man Frank, this is a ballsy prediction, especially for someone with his roots in the Cabs organization. I have to give you credit for chutzpah.

Can't wait to see if you're right!!!

Dont be sorry dude......you are absolutely, 100% RIGHT ON!!!!

The judges should have the BAL*S to call the show the correct way.......don't matter where they are from.

And hey....I told everyone on my team that they should be worried....be VERY worried.

The Kidsgrove Scouts are the UK's version of "SHOCK AND AWE"!!!!! They were absolutely PHENOMONAL!!!!!!!

"SHOCK AND AWE"!!!!!

That is the perfect way to describe them. I agree 100 percent.

So Frank, you're coming out and stating unequivocally that Kidsgrove should clobber Cabs!

You heard it here folks. For Frank Ponzo to make a statement like this there must be some serious fire power from across the pond. Essentially I think that Frank is saying that the English haven't laid a beating like this on the Spanish since the destruction of the Spanish Armada in 1588 (and they needed a storm for that victory - maybe the Hurcs can help out!!!)

Man Frank, this is a ballsy prediction, especially for someone with his roots in the Cabs organization. I have to give you credit for chutzpah.

Can't wait to see if you're right!!!

Ray, I'll be honest here. I will always love, respect and support my fellow Hurcs who are current marching members. They did a great job last night and I am happy for them. With that being said, I think me and Frank experienced the same feelings durring the scouts performance. We both felt like our home teams could possibly be taken down by the scouts. They were that good.